Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Football or Basketball: If You Could Only Pick One...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
    Why is college football so highly rated? I've had a few people say this to me before.

Explain your reasoning, kind poster.
    I worked with a Yank.. his family are UCLA alumni, I asked the same same question, basically what I got from our convo was that College Football has a much more tribal feel to it, you breathe and you rep your U or whatever, whereas you get to the pros, its like, whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
      As a guy from the UK, I know these are probably 2 of the biggest sports in the States but was thinking about which would hold a bigger fan base if people only had one choice.

We have 2 votes for Basketball so there are people on here who disagree with yourself.

OR

Comment

NFL without a doubt. I read up on football every day for the latest news and tidbits. There's so much to it and so much to learn. IMO, NFL=Chess, NBA=Checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post

OR

The US, Brazil, and Argentina dominate polo nowadays...yet another formerly English dominated sport the English have become inferior at.

Comment

My favorites are

1. Boxing
            2. Hockey
            3. Baseball
            ^
            ^
            ^
            ^
            ^
            4. Football

Comment

Floorsqueak

Refball

Sternball

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                The US, Brazil, and Argentina dominate polo nowadays...yet another formerly English dominated sport the English have become inferior at.
                really? ffs... is there anything they created they are still good at?

Comment

Neither, but if I had to pick one it would be basketball because its actually a sport I play.

1) NBA is beyond soft these days, not is it only rigged it really does not come across as a man's sport. And people dare laugh at soccer players that actually get KICKED in the knee and get cleats in their back. Its diva galooore in NBA, its really become frustrating to watch...and if the guy actually fouled is a rookie the refs show no respect...Used to watch NBA for years, this year I didn't even bother since they EUROs were on. The dunk off has become a joke. And actually going to games its very gay....all this nonsense entertainment every break....I know its for the audience but sometimes you have to wonder WTF it is that you came to see......a sports competition or some bull**** games....

And the fans.....You cant even yell at the opposing teams bench or you'll get kicked out or looked on funny.....buncha moms and pops all polite and everything......this is a sport, you should yell and scream......I dont need the guy on the PA system telling me "hey hey clap your hands, GO TEAM GO".....At least in NFL the fans create an atmosphere that comes through any medium......NBA its like a bunch of pansies came to be entertained.

2) NFL.....nothing wrong with the game itself really......all the things mentioned so far....far too many breaks in the game, too many commercials....too many time outs etc...

And as someone said, NHL is by far the best spectator sport. Guys on skates, hard hits, fights, spectacular skills....I wonder why its not popular in the US.......but hey neither is soccer....USA is really in some next universe when it comes to sports....All the sports that the rest of the planet embraces Americans dont like.
                  Last edited by Banderivets; 07-10-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    We are kicking ass in Cricket. Just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                      We are kicking ass in Cricket. Just so you know.
                      Isn't India the top dogs right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X