No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Knocks Ramos Out in Six, Wins WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Knocks Ramos Out in Six, Wins WBA Title

The Palms, Las Vegas - Two-time Olympic Gold medal winner Guillermo Rigondeaux (9-0, 7KOs) captured his first taste of pro gold with a sixth round knockout of previously undefeated Rico Ramos (20-1, 11KOs) to capture the WBA super bantamweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Boring fight but I guess rigo did what he had to do.

Comment

Rigondeaux vs donaire next

Comment

ramos fought like a scared b*tch

Comment

and NEW!!!!

Comment

Well, thank goodness Rico Ramos isn't a champion anymore!!!

At least Rigondeaux was forcing the fight and actually throwing punches. That body shot KO was brutal and badass at the same time.

Comment

Ugly, boring fight up until Rigo landed one good left uppercut to the body during the head pulling incident and had Ramos uneasy... then waited for Cortez to unpause the action, and hammered Ramos out of there with lefts upstairs before landing a devastating left downstairs to end it.

Didn't leave much to the imagination, but, in the end, he got the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by CumulousClouds View Post
                Rigondeaux vs donaire next
                Agreed, this would be a hell of a fight ... Rigondeaux is just amazing, I think he could have got the KO over Ramos earlier ... His skills are just unbelievable.
                Last edited by vacon04; 01-21-2012, 01:05 AM.

Comment

9 pro fights at 31 years old. This guy is gonna fight top 10 fighters for the rest of his career. He has to, he's old for the amount of pro fights he has. Next fight should be Donaire but I don't think Arum wants that fight, I think that would be a great challenging fight for both fighters. Those are the type of fights Arum doesn't like those fights. He didn't make Gamboa-Lopez when people wanted it.

Comment

no surprise here.

Rigondeaux was a little too passive, i don't understand why he doesn't try to pump out his jab a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                    X