Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hops is gonna show us how much 175 sucks by dominating Pascal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hops is gonna show us how much 175 sucks by dominating Pascal.

We just saw how underwhelming Tavoris Cloud was last night against a journeyman gatekeeper. And back to the topic of the thread I really do think that Hopkins is gonna make Pascal look bad and put a Tito like schooling on him. And once he does it, people will cry that Hopkins chose him instead of Dawson because of styles when in reality it's because HBO wouldn't put up any money for a Dawson-Hopkins fight.

And the only thing in Pascal's favor is this fight being in Canada. But I think Hopkins will put up a great performance tonight and stop Pascal and make his corner throw in the towel like in the Tito fight. Same circumstances almost too, with Pascal being a title holder like Trinidad was but people will discredit the win saying Pascal isn't a natural 175 lber. Lol.

I'm not even as big of a Hopkins fan as I used to be, but I still recognize that he's able to pull good performances out of the wind.

Hopkins will literally make this guy look like a fool. HBO/Showtime have done a fine job overhyping this guy. He's the favorite. That surprises me. Oh well, Hopkins does his best work when he is the underdog.

Comment

I'm honestly beginning to feel the same way.

I really like Pascal, I do. But I just don't think he's that good. I'm at a loss to try and explain the Dawson fight, but I would put real money on Dawson in a rematch.

Pascal is kind of sloppy. You can't be sloppy against Hopkins, he'll pick you apart. I don't think Pascal's athleticism can carry him in this fight. He may be in over his head.

Comment

If Poopkins wins, it will be a tragedy for boxing. You think nobody cares or takes the sport seriously anymore?

Wait till a 46 year old stiff stinks out an entire arena with his pungent filth.

Comment

Hops is gonna show us how much 175 sucks by doing his usual shenanigans.

Though WAR HOPKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

I really like Pascal, I do. But I just don't think he's that good. I'm at a loss to try and explain the Dawson fight, but I would put real money on Dawson in a rematch.

Pascal is kind of sloppy. You can't be sloppy against Hopkins, he'll pick you apart. I don't think Pascal's athleticism can carry him in this fight. He may be in over his head.
            The dawson fight has already been explained. Pascal was too young and too dynamic compared to the geriatrics Dawson was fighting which made him look better than he really was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
              If Poopkins wins, it will be a tragedy for boxing. You think nobody cares or takes the sport seriously anymore?

Wait till a 46 year old stiff stinks out an entire arena with his pungent filth.
              None of the overrated cavemen you support ave one tenth the skill of Hopkins. Also what 46 year old do you know who can fight, most fighters are shot to **** in their 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

I think Dawson possibly would've won that fight if not for the head butt. But I've also got my doubts too because outside of that big uppercut he landed in the 10th round I never really saw a punch and said to myself that he was close to scoring a knockout.

Dawson should be ashamed of the way he fought in that fight. He showed that he isn't that good at fighting on the inside. And that is Hopkins' specialty even though his clinching as of late has gotten on my nerves.

Even after Hopkins wins tonight, I want to see Hopkins fight Dawson to shut everybody up. But I don't think he's going to. What's the point now?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  None of the overrated cavemen you support ave one tenth the skill of Hopkins. Also what 46 year old do you know who can fight, most fighters are shot to **** in their 30s.
                  They could probably hold and headbutt just as good as Hopkins, but they'd rather not cheat the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
                    The dawson fight has already been explained. Pascal was too young and too dynamic compared to the geriatrics Dawson was fighting which made him look better than he really was.
                    Really, attacking Dawson's resume again?

We've gone over this time and time again, and I have taken care of the topic in a manner that is iron clad, negating any rebuttal.

Comment

Working...
                    X