No announcement yet.

Ali vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hester65 View Post
    I don't believe Ali could stop Marciano (baring a cut stoppage). A cut stoppage is a real possibility, though. Rocky would be chasing Ali all night. Rocky would land his fair share of punches, maybe even hurt Ali at some point. Ali would be to much boxer for him, though. Ali has a great combination of movement and punch. I am a huge Marciano fan, but this is a really hard fight to find a way he wins. Ali by decision.
    believe me, if ali could dent foreman's chin, then rocky would be no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
      No i dont think he woud, unless we speaking of the 'drafted' version of ali. I assume this is a Prime for Prime match up. Ali didnt have the legs to fight frazier for 15 rounds.

We also have to consider that frazier was a quicker handed fighter. In terms of the pure impact, i would say rocky hit slightly harder, but joe had a better left though.
      You may be right, but the 60's version of ali had actually been hit and hurt by lesser fighters than Marciano. If Rocky got the same oppurtunities...who knows.

I've always thought 70's Ali was the better version. Not as purely talented, but smarter. Both beat Marciano in my opinion, but he has a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

A fat David Tua did and was hardly throwing any punches. Marciano would bring non stop pressure. Now, Im not saying he would win, but he would give himself a better chance than a non-active Tua, out of shape Briggs and Frightened Golota.
        david tua was hurt by lennox in the 1st round.

he wasn't right the whole fight. this one is truth. no bs.

no offense to rocky but he would get beat by tua. maybe even the fat tua.

not fair to rocky. it'd be like the championship green bay packers from the 50's going up against the modern nfl. even the worst team in the league would beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by mr._pink View Post
          david Tua Was Hurt By Lennox In The 1st Round.

He Wasn't Right The Whole Fight. This One Is Truth. No Bs.

No Offense To Rocky But He Would Get Beat By Tua. Maybe Even The Fat Tua.

Not Fair To Rocky. It'd Be Like The Championship Green Bay Packers From The 50's Going Up Against The Modern Nfl. Even The Worst Team In The League Would Beat Them.

Are You Sure...the Detroit Lions Are Like 0-9

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGoldenBoy View Post
            All those guys you mentioned are bigger than marciano
            They are?

What the hell does that have to do with it. Marciano had proven mental and physical toughness as well as the stamina to throw non stop punches for 15 rounds. Golota folded like a chair. Tua was content not to be ko'd and Briggs was exhausted after 5. Like I said, Marciano would give himself a far better chance of winning than any of those guys did.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              You may be right, but the 60's version of ali had actually been hit and hurt by lesser fighters than Marciano. If Rocky got the same oppurtunities...who knows.

I've always thought 70's Ali was the better version. Not as purely talented, but smarter. Both beat Marciano in my opinion, but he has a punchers chance.
              the 70s version of ali faced better fighters. that's when ali had some of his greatest victories, after the exile.

also i agree that the 60s version of ali was hurt and dropped by lesser competition than rocky, but i could also use the arguement that the Rock was hurt by old faded fighters, who were also smaller. so that's something to think about.

Comment

Ali dented an unbelievably exhausted Foreman. Foreman was a walking punching bag when Ali made his move. Rocky wouldn't get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGoldenBoy View Post
                  Are You Sure...the Detroit Lions Are Like 0-9
                  lions?

i said NFL team......

Comment

Ali didn't dent ****, he had foreman exhausted

Comment

The majority of posters in this thread think Ali would be too fast for marciano and either outbox him to a decision or get a late stoppage! So how did that hypothetical fight they had years ago wind up with a Marciano Ko in 13? Was it just a load of crap?

Comment

Working...
                      X