No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Figueroa, Arakawa Produce Big Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Figueroa, Arakawa Produce Big Numbers

FOTY candidate. Omar Figueroa landed an avg. of 40 of 79 punches per round- Arakawa landed 23 of 98 per round. Figueroa's 450 landed power shots ranks #4 all time for ALL WEIGHT CLASSES in CompuBox's 28 yr. history. 716 of their combined 760 landed punches (94%) were power shots. Figueroa landed 60% or more of his power shots in six of 12 rounds. Arakawa avg'd 80 power shots thrown per round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Strange numbers. Arakawa was pummelling him in the last 2 rounds but CompuBox shows it a dead heat.

Comment

The jab didn't mean a damn thing in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
        Strange numbers. Arakawa was pummelling him in the last 2 rounds but CompuBox shows it a dead heat.
        I was laughing all the fight long -- Omar was toying with the little kamikaze-samurai... Omar got a good 12 rounder test in exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
          And the numbers show that Arakawa threw a combined 218 punches to Figueroa's 133.

Arakawa was not being particularly accurate and Figueroa actually had a defense (which the Japanese boxer did not).

Comment

Great fight last night that Japanese boy has a heart as big as that arena they were in last night brother that had to be figueroa's hardest fought fight to date that arakawa will be a problem for anybody in that weight class after seeing that last night I don't think anyone in that division would want any parts of that dude... He don't go away Figueroa beat that man and beat that man but arakawa kept coming after him.

Comment

This fight got my vote for FOTY thus far...

Comment

The non stop exchanges of punches in this fight was unreal. FOTY candidate for sure.

Comment

i think arakawa should of got more punches counted for, he wasnt landing the hardest of blows but they for sure didnt count everything he landed no way did he only land 200 of those 1170 punches!

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
                    i think arakawa should of got more punches counted for, he wasnt landing the hardest of blows but they for sure didnt count everything he landed no way did he only land 200 of those 1170 punches!
                    Soto Karass threw more punches (1324)...

Comment

Working...
                    X