Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
    Pryor was just too good for Arguello.
    Hmmm, not really.

Arguello was competitive with him in both fights despite being well past his best and above a weight he was comfortable at.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Hmmm, not really.

Arguello was competitive with him in both fights despite being well past his best and above a weight he was comfortable at.
      If they were both naturally the same size and in their primes I have no doubt that Arguello would have smoked Pryor.

Comment

Pryor was the stronger fighter and Prior had alot of experience in the amatuers fighting at a high level. He beat Hearns, Leonard and all the other soon to be stars. Lexie was very predictable and to Pryor he probably looked slow, especially in his foot work!
        I remember Pryor moving freely and pretty much dominating the movements of the fight! Anyone who stands in front of Lexie would be in trouble but if you gave him different looks he got sort of "mechanical" in his movements. He had to "reset" to punch if not he was awkward and his punch had no power!
        Lewis was very good at breaking down fighters in the corner. I worked in his corner twice ( I think) maybe more and he was organized and a dominate figure. That works on some fighters but is disasterious with others.
        Either way Pryor beats Lexie everytime, he just had his number! Ray.

Comment

Ray, do you think that the weight and Arguello's age made a difference in the fights? I am thinking about the first fight when Arguello landed some huge right hands, and in the second fight when he hurt Pryor to the body.

Comment

Working...
          X