No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bundrage-Mayorga Likely Won't Receive IBF's Backing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bundrage-Mayorga Likely Won't Receive IBF's Backing

During his current visit to Nicaragua, Promoter Don King met with President Daniel Ortega and sold the idea of a November show with Ricardo Mayorga facing champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage for junior middleweight crown of the International Boxing Federation (IBF). The IBF is not likely to approve this fight because Mayorga is coming off a knockout loss to WBA champion Miguel Cotto but more important the boxer is not ranked by the IBF. Based on his performance against Cotto, he could probably receive approval to face "regular" WBA champion Austin Trout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good....

Besides, why is almost every fight that's signed on any level today somewhat of a title fight? Am I the only once noticing this??

Comment

Good call by the IBF.

Comment

The WBC needs to take notice of this

Comment

dam i would have liked to see this fight k9 is boring

Comment

Boxing is at its all time lowest peak...Where you got guys like Mayorga fighting in title fights numerous times a year.. Don King is a Playa.. than you got guys like Vanes who is ranked in the WBC number 1 and WBO number 2 behind Konency which I dont know how that happened, can't buy a fight with Trout nor Bundrage.. WOW! GOOD job IBF by not approving this fight...Sulaiman you can take some lessons here from IBF... Not ranked NO title shot.. YOu got that GORDO?....Don't give belts away like it's Mexican candy...How is Euro bum Konency ranked number 2? All his fights with guys with record of below below 500 he beats them by KO... Guys ranked above 500 he beats them by decision.. OH sorry he has the EBU belt.. WOW! I guess that's more important than the WBC Silver belt...E Freakin B U!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Good....

Besides, why is almost every fight that's signed on any level today somewhat of a title fight? Am I the only once noticing this??
              No. Every other fighter is some kind of paper belt-holder these days and promoters are setting up bull**** title fights left and right just so they can say that their fighter is a "champion." The alphabet bodies love it because they get sanctioning fees.The value of title belts is at an all-time low.

At least half of all "title fights" include somebody like Mayorga who has done nothing to earn a title fight and doesn't belong at a title fight unless they buy a ticket to see one

Comment

The IBF is becoming the most accredited sanctioning body of them all.
                They're leading by example. Boxers should boycott that wbc bull**** organization.

Comment

Glad this happened, Mayorga is'nt credible anylonger...get a valis contender for K9 and let all organizations take heed.

Comment

Working...
                  X