FFS Tyson Fury is injured

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFS Tyson Fury is injured

UK Boxing: Tyson Fury Injured; Murray vs Lawton; Frankie Gavin
    Fans of heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury will have to wait a little longer for his seventh professional outing. The 6 foot 9 inch Fury has suffered a back injury in training meaning that his next bout has now been postponed until July 18 in Norwich. Fury had been set for action on this Saturday’s “Rule Britannia” card at the Robin Park Arena in Wigan. The Hennessy Sports event is live on ITV4 from 8pm and is headlined by John Murray’s British Lightweight title defence against Scott Lawton. However with a persistent back injury hampering his preparations Fury has been forced to withdraw from the card. “I’m very disappointed but the doctor has said that the only thing for the injury is to rest for a week so then I should be able to get back to training for the July 18th fight,” said Fury.

“I’ve been very busy since I turned pro and I want to keep to a busy schedule so I don’t want to risk the back injury getting any worse. I’m getting closer to a British title shot with every fight now so hopefully on July 18th I’ll take another step up in class. I know Mick Hennessy is working on something for that show and I’ll be ready for whoever shows up in the opposite corner.”

Saturday night’s chief support features a Battle of Champions with Southern Area champ Tom Glover clashing with Central Area title holder Nadeem Siddique in a scheduled 10 rounder. Tyson Fury’s cousin Phill Fury remains on the card as he goes in search of his second pro win with hot featherweight prospect Steve Barnes also featuring.

Exciting puncher Andrew Singh Kooner will also see action alongside the pro debuts of Bobby “Boogaloo” Ward, the last Englishman to defeat Amir Khan and Sheffield heavyweight, Richard Towers

Are you a REAL fan of Fury?

Caus you always post about him

Comment

Iv avoided the last few fights , it really doesn't interest me to watch a guy a foot taller than most just hitting opponents like their a bag

would be fun to see him against evander holyfield , id pay for that , holyfield wins by early KO round 1

Comment

Yeah I like Fury, he is a bit mouthy for his own good, but I like watching him fight. I think hes our best h/w prospect right now

Comment

Fast forward in 4 years time and where do you see him?

Comment

FFS now Murrays missed the weight and lost his title!

Comment

He pulled out due to financial reasons... and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                FFS now Murrays missed the weight and lost his title!
                Any excuse to duck "the bloke from stoke".

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  He pulled out due to financial reasons... and fear.
                  Tyson Fury refuses to acknowledge the existance of the word FEAR

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Tyson Fury refuses to acknowledge the existance of the word FEAR
                    Lol its true, he certainly aint lacking in confidence

Comment

Working...
                    X