Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wladimir be warned more for holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    NO! he needs to be deducted points for it. One thing is hold but another is holding and hitting and that is exactly what he does, but the illegal tactic that gets to me worst is the way he sticks his left hand out and leaves it resting on his opponents head measuring it to throw his right
    that ish is totally illegal and he should be warned and deducted points for that too
    the sad thing is that he doesnt need to do neither to win but he still does. I gues if you can get away with it why not right?
    oh well thats just my op
    Vitali does that more than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      In the Klitschko v Mormeck fight Wlad held 41 times in 3 rounds.
      Yeah that's unacceptable imo... Warning after the 2nd round and after every 10 holds, 1 point should be deducted. Those are my thoughts.

Comment

It's not excessive.
        He is no John Ruiz he is no Andre Ward.

Comment

In the Klitschko v Mormeck fight Wlad held 41 times in 3 rounds.
          When Ruiz fought Holyfield there was a round where Ruiz clinched 19 times without point deduction or warning. 19 x 3 = 57.

Besides, in that Mormeck fight, there were plenty of times Mormeck was ducking in with his head. Mormeck was responsible for at least 30% of clinches. Perhaps he thought he could get points taken away as Gaye did with his flopping. I can't blame either of them; they had no other possible way of wininng their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by COYG View Post
            This and how he just stick his left hand in his opponents face, he aint trowing no punch just using it to keep his opponent from getting in on the inside. I'm pretty sure that's illegal?
            Physically holding back your opponent by the head is illegal. Extending your arm is not illegal. If it were, the sport of boxing would be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
              Physically holding back your opponent by the head is illegal. Extending your arm is not illegal. If it were, the sport of boxing would be impossible.
              It's illegal if it blocks the opponents vision which a lot of the time it does.

Comment

When Ruiz fought Holyfield there was a round where Ruiz clinched 19 times without point deduction or warning. 19 x 3 = 57.

Besides, in that Mormeck fight, there were plenty of times Mormeck was ducking in with his head. Mormeck was responsible for at least 30% of clinches. Perhaps he thought he could get points taken away as Gaye did with his flopping. I can't blame either of them; they had no other possible way of wininng their fights.
                Those Wlad number are actually real not just picking a bad round and multiplying by 3. Haye flopping was actually smart, trying to stay on your feet when someone the size of Klitschko is pushing down on your neck and back takes its toll after a while.

Comment

Those Wlad number are actually real not just picking a bad round and multiplying by 3. Haye flopping was actually smart, trying to stay on your feet when someone the size of Klitschko is pushing down on your neck and back takes its toll after a while.
                  I didn't make up the numbers. Larry Merchent mentioned it in one of his commentaries. He is a better source than some anonymous internet twerp.

David Haye was flopping on the ground because he knew he had no chance in hell of wininng the fight. He was looking to get points taken away.

If there is one thing Haye is not, it is smart. Listen to the idiot speak. He is probably dumber than his coach Adam Booth.

Comment

I didn't make up the numbers. Larry Merchent mentioned it in one of his commentaries. He is a better source than some anonymous internet twerp.

David Haye was flopping on the ground because he knew he had no chance in hell of wininng the fight. He was looking to get points taken away.

If there is one thing Haye is not, it is smart. Listen to the idiot speak. He is probably dumber than his coach Adam Booth.
                    You took a bad round and multiplied it by 3. Wlad held 15 time in round 1, 11 in 2 and 15 in 3. If do what you did it would be 15x3 = 45 instead of the actual number which is 41. Klitschko was pushing down Hayes head like he does with all his opponents.

Comment

You took a bad round and multiplied it by 3. Wlad held 15 time in round 1, 11 in 2 and 15 in 3. If do what you did it would be 15x3 = 45 instead of the actual number which is 41. Klitschko was pushing down Hayes head like he does with all his opponents.

Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X