Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring magazine readers vote pacquiao-marquez the "robbery of the year" for 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a close fight, but that Lara fight was brutal enough to have judges suspended... that wins hands down.

Comment

Not a robbery. There were even a couple of boxing reporters that scored it for JMM but when they watched it a 2nd time, they scored it a draw. Even at boxrec.com, they have a list of media/analyst scorecards. JMM have more vote but there were a lot of draws and a lot of vote too for Pac. Edited my post due to a mistake of me saying its 1/3 each.

As far as the voting, their fans, they hate certain fighters and they like certain fighters.
      Last edited by loui_ludwig; 12-23-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Well, you have Williams-Lara even though i scored it for Paul(with biased) and Alexander-Matthyse.

My vote goes to Khan-Peterson fight. I am no fan Khan but he lost due to hometown decision. I was rooting for Peterson but he lost the last couple of rounds. Khan might be running but he was landing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
          Not a robbery. There were even a couple of boxing reporters that scored it for JMM but when they watched it a 2nd time, they scored it a draw. Even at boxrec.com, they have a list of media/analyst scorecards, its almost even. 1/3 have it for JMM, 1/3 have it for Pac, and the other 1/3 have it a draw. Even some media said its not a robbery.

As far as the voting, their fans, they hate certain fighters and they like certain fighters.
          Can you provide a link please? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
            Can you provide a link please? Thanks in advance.
            If you are asking for the link of couple of media who scored it a draw after a 2nd time, just saw them on Phil boxing site the days after the fight. Those media were American based.

For the boxrec, here it is:http:http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1595865. Looking at it again, it seems JMM got more votes. But what i am saying is its another close fight. I edited my original post.
            Last edited by loui_ludwig; 12-23-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Wasn't the worst robbery but it was the most significant robbery because of prestige.

Comment

Most people said it was close. So how can one call it the robbery of the year when it was close?

No robbery .... there were real robberies but not the Marquez vs Manny fight.

A robbery implies that the one who won clearly won but was not given the decision. Again, not the case.

The Helenius vs Chisora was probably the last robbery that I saw but there were others as mentioned already.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Yup, most high profile robbery of the year. I'm surprised the legion of Filipinos who chill there didn't vote against it.
                  They tried to vote but Philippines ip addresses were blocked and remember Ring Magazine owner was a Mexican-American.

Comment

Doesnt Ring Magazine still have Pacquiao at #1 and Marquez at #6.. I rest my case.. Nice try though thread starter..

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                      Doesnt Ring Magazine still have Pacquiao at #1 and Marquez at #6.. I rest my case.. Nice try though thread starter..
                      Doesn't everyone else that isn't a bandwagoner have PBF #1?

Also the fight should have been a draw, but of course the pinoy gets a free win

Comment

Working...
                      X