No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lara Survives Twice To Force Angulo TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lara Survives Twice To Force Angulo TKO Win

Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12KOs) got off the deck, twice, and stopped Alfredo Angulo (22-3, 18KOs) in the tenth round to win the vacant interim-WBA junior middleweight title. Lara was down in the fourth and the ninth rounds. During the tenth round, Lara landed a hard combination of punches that caught Angulo right on his eye, breaking his orbital bone - and then the Mexican slugger was in a lot of pain and started walking back to his corner in the middle of the action - and at that point the referee quickly waved off the fight and the doctors rushed the ring. At the time of the stoppage, Lara was ahead 85-84 on two cards and Angulo up 86-83 on the third. Photos by Tom Hogan/Hoganphotos & Esther Lin

[Click Here To Read More]

Angulo is a beast I feel like no one really lost last night. Both fighters gave it their all and I liked what I saw. That was a pretty nasty bump on his eye. No shame on quitting to save his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Troav View Post
      Angulo is a beast I feel like no one really lost last night. Both fighters gave it their all and I liked what I saw. That was a pretty nasty bump on his eye. No shame on quitting to save his career.
      I agree. One of the best comeback I've ever seen. I thought Angulo was ahead... What a comeback for Lara. I think he thought it would take a stoppage to win and he got it.

Comment

Great fight, but the ref that had it Angulo up 86-83 needs to learn boxing is more than walking around swinging bombs. That ref and alot of other confused refs... haveta go.

Comment

Don't ask me why Lara was all happy and celebrating when Angulo had to quit due to the injury. Lara was getting his **** pushed in in a big way and should be embarrassed. That's a crappy way to get a win. I understand it still goes down as a win, but the him and the Watson family looked like a kids on Christmas morning. It was freaking pathetic. Oh, Angulo just mopped the floor with our guy but yippy we win! I freaking hate those guys. Not taking anything away from Lara, just inappropriate given the beating he was receiving.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            Don't ask me why Lara was all happy and celebrating when Angulo had to quit due to the injury. Lara was getting his **** pushed in in a big way and should be embarrassed. That's a crappy way to get a win. I understand it still goes down as a win, but the him and the Watson family looked like a kids on Christmas morning. It was freaking pathetic. Oh, Angulo just mopped the floor with our guy but yippy we win! I freaking hate those guys. Not taking anything away from Lara, just inappropriate given the beating he was receiving.
            i am assuming you didnt watch the fight.

i hope al brings some exposure to lara because its been a long time coming.

Comment

Crazy f ucki n fight, both this and main event, respect to all of these fighters. I did notice that Angulo hardly wasnt letting the right hand fly.

Comment

Why is it that when a guy gets KO'd by a punch y'all happy but if a dude breaks ur ****ing eye orbital with a PUNCH u say he had to retire due to an injury...no. ***** broke ur face with a punch that's boxing, that's the goal...he done it and won. Respect to both guys cuz that fight was back and forth both guys got their licks in. And ps margarito wouldn't have quit but not everyone is as insane and hard headed as margarito

Comment

I think Lara won clearly. Yes he was downed twice but he won rounds and even fought beter once*getting*up. He put in work on angulos face and It won him the fight. Once I rewatched it u can see it swelling up at the start of the 10th. Props to Perro he fought a hell of a fight I would watch him again hopefully his eye lets him.

Comment

For Angulo to quit, you know that eye is completely damaged.
                    His career might go the way of Margarito after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X