Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzbitz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcs1981

I don't spend a lot of time responding, because, quite frankly, it doesn't do a lot of good. But for Christ's sake, if you're going to take the time to say what a terrible writer I am, at least get the facts straight. Take a look at the piece you complained about and you'll see quite clearly that I was chastising someone else for believing Pac should drop out of P4P top 10s, and I was wondering how anyone with any sense could blast Pac both for stealing a decision in Marquez 3 and for losing a lousy decision against Bradley.

I don't care if people don't like my stuff, but when their posts are based on not actually comprehending what they're *****ing about, they look ridiculous.
    I misread what you wrote and I do apologize for it. I didnt read it carefully. However, you still are the worst writer here. Most of your pieces here are bad, really bad. I probably read your article with bias glasses this time, but you are still not a good writer. Specially when you act like a cheerleader for some fighters.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
      Congrat's to Marquez!

One thing is obvious, Marquez hit's harder this time around than the previous fights! Whether he is clean or using PEDS only God knows...

I'm not accusing him! But honestly, I'm a bit suspicious...
      Who can blame me?

In the 3rd round he hit Pacquiao with I good looping right hand while Pacquiao was standing flat footed with good balance!!! Pac fall hard although he wasn't hat hurt... Marquez hit Pacquiao with similar punch in their 2nd fight in round 1 in which Pacquiao was off balance, Pac was wobbled but didn't go down...

In the 6th round, the "perfect punch" came and that knock Manny Pacquiao cold!
      I remember a similar punch, that was back in 2008 2nd fight round 10....
      Marquez run into the the left straight of Pacquiao... As hard as that punch was... and Manny is a real hard hitter... It's one of the strongest Pacquiao punch I've seen with Full Leverage... But Marquez didn't fall (although he appears to be tripped but regained his balance).....

Looking into the future...

If Marquez still wants to continue to fight... the only fight make sense from business perspective and quality of fight... It's the Marquez-Pacquiao V!!!

The other fight is ofcourse with Mayweather...

But Marquez will never win against Mayweather no matter how strong he was against Pacquiao... Stylistically, i'ts a nightmare macthup for his style... We saw that in their fight!!!
      I don't think he has the speed to catch Mayweather.... He's a great counterpuncher but it will be rendered ineffective against a mover!!!

Comparing Pacquiao & Marquez... who's the better fighter???
      For me... Even though Marquez won the 4th fight in devastating fashion...
      I'm still convinced that Pacquiao is a much better talent than Marquez...

The reason is:
      In all 4 fights... Pac always played the Aggressor Role! In war, it's like Marquez is in the bunker with his cannons...

Had Marquez played the Aggressor Role in all those 4 fights....
      I think Pacquiao would knock him out each fight even if he's on PEDS!!!
      Well both have different sytles, Pacman is always the aggressor, and Marquez is always the counter puncher, so you can't change there style, like Floyd has his own style you can't change him either, just check out the Floyd vs Marquez fight and both fight in there own sytle. You just can't say what if, it is what it is, and won't change.

YOu can't say that Marquez would never beat Floyd, anything is possible. The first time Floyd and Marquez fought, Floyd came in 2 pound over the weight limit and got penalized for not making weight, and on top of that didn't want to get weigh the day of the fight, Floyd had the advantage on Marquez and he knew that. Plus Marquez moved up two weight divisions and it was his first time fighting at that weight, so yah the odds were stacked agaisnt him. Floyd is a punk that always trying to make it seam like he plays fair and on equl terms, and crys like a punk when he fills threatened when he has a chance to lose.
      Last edited by Toltec77; 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
        Manny is finished and his legacy is ruined.
        One devastating Marquez KO punch put Paq on the heap of losers forever. Just as George Foreman is only remembered for getting KO'd by Ali. Paq got KO'd career over. Memories none.

That is not how I remember Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          I dont understand why BS is still publishing this writer. He mentions the controversial Win over Marquez and most can agree with that. But he says a Loss to Bradley when that is more controversial. What a joke. Also, Broner over Pac in a P4P list by beating who? This guy is the worst writer here.
          You have no idea what you are talking about.

P4P is completely subjective, it can include unproven prospects.

P4P is about as relevant as a discussion about whether superman could beat spiderman..... the writer feels that if those guys were the exact same size, Broner would win.

Right now I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
            Congrat's to Marquez!

One thing is obvious, Marquez hit's harder this time around than the previous fights! Whether he is clean or using PEDS only God knows...

I'm not accusing him! But honestly, I'm a bit suspicious...
            Who can blame me?

In the 3rd round he hit Pacquiao with I good looping right hand while Pacquiao was standing flat footed with good balance!!! Pac fall hard although he wasn't hat hurt... Marquez hit Pacquiao with similar punch in their 2nd fight in round 1 in which Pacquiao was off balance, Pac was wobbled but didn't go down...

In the 6th round, the "perfect punch" came and that knock Manny Pacquiao cold!
            I remember a similar punch, that was back in 2008 2nd fight round 10....
            Marquez run into the the left straight of Pacquiao... As hard as that punch was... and Manny is a real hard hitter... It's one of the strongest Pacquiao punch I've seen with Full Leverage... But Marquez didn't fall (although he appears to be tripped but regained his balance).....

Looking into the future...

If Marquez still wants to continue to fight... the only fight make sense from business perspective and quality of fight... It's the Marquez-Pacquiao V!!!

The other fight is ofcourse with Mayweather...

But Marquez will never win against Mayweather no matter how strong he was against Pacquiao... Stylistically, i'ts a nightmare macthup for his style... We saw that in their fight!!!
            I don't think he has the speed to catch Mayweather.... He's a great counterpuncher but it will be rendered ineffective against a mover!!!

Comparing Pacquiao & Marquez... who's the better fighter???
            For me... Even though Marquez won the 4th fight in devastating fashion...
            I'm still convinced that Pacquiao is a much better talent than Marquez...

The reason is:
            In all 4 fights... Pac always played the Aggressor Role! In war, it's like Marquez is in the bunker with his cannons...

Had Marquez played the Aggressor Role in all those 4 fights....
            I think Pacquiao would knock him out each fight even if he's on PEDS!!!
            Stop crying b1tch.

So, NOW you think that better drug testing is required, huh ?

GTFOH b1tch !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
              Are you serious? Your basically saying, "Manny is still the better fighter because if Marquez would only have stood still and let Pac hit him, Pac would have won all 4 fights by K.O."

Yeah, and if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Marquez 4-0 against Pacquiao. Three close ones and 1 destruction. As a wise man once said, "This business is finished".
              HAHHAH

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                pretty much its not becaues he got ko buts its the way he got knock out his leagcy took a big hit i agree with you
                No it didn't. This is just silliness. Did Roy Jones Jr.'s legacy get destroyed or take a big hit because of his loss by brutal KO to Tarver on one punch? No. Roy in his prime is still the greatest fighter of his generation. Was Frazier's legacy sullied by his two brutal, and I mean brutal, KOs by Foreman? No. It is what it is.

Pacquiao's legacy won't be affected by this either. He was still the best fighter of the past decade. Marquez is a HOF fighter. Moreover, unlike Jones and Frazier, Pacquiao was KO'd by someone that a large percentage of people believe was cheating. Kevin Iole wrote an article on this very issue before the fight--noting that Marquez will not get full credit for a win in this fight because many will attribute it to steroids. Iole is 100% right.

I find it suspicious to put it mildly that a guy who lacked 1 punch KO power at featherweight all the sudden has it at welterweight and developed it at the tender age of 39. And, surprise, surprise, his body underwent massive changes only after a noted steroid peddler--worse yet, a noted steroid peddler whose game was helping athletes avoid Olympic style drug testing--is in his corner. It smells awful. I mean many people thought Pacquiao was on steroids when he went up in weight and he didn't have a "Memo" in his camp, never had 1 punch power at 147 (even though he had always had it at lower weights), was much younger when he moved up and never underwent the muscle mass development that marquez did. Every single red flag for steroid abuse is pretty much present here. It is a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  That is not how I remember Foreman
                  Nor me. In fact, to me Foreman's loss to Ali was more the result of exhaustion under some very punishing conditions than anything else. My hat's off to Ali for a brilliant strategy, but there was a reason he wouldn't fight foreman again. foreman's KOs of Frazier which much more brutal and yet many people don't even realize frazier even fought Foreman. He is instead defined by his trilogy with Ali.

Comment

The author shows biased reporting. His article is full of "I"'s it makes you feel like he wants to impart HIS personal feelings to the reader. Yes, he's a Marquez fan, or a Pacquiao hater, or even an Arum hater, but he failed to see that Marquez was being pummeled around the ring and bloodied, it's only a matter of a few rounds before he himself hits the deck but as Pacquiao turned it on upon hearing the 10-second mark, he relaxed thinking the bell would ring, and Marquez took advantage of this opportunity to throw the kitchen sink on him. He lost out of carelessness, and Marquez won out of his intelligence. I wonder how Marquez would have fared 2 years ago against Margarito, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Hatton and even Clottey, I bet he would have been KO'd by most of them and not come up with a single win. His triumph over Casamayor, Ramos, Katsidis are not worth remembering as classics.

Comment

Originally posted by BS_Blogger View Post
                      The author shows biased reporting. His article is full of "I"'s it makes you feel like he wants to impart HIS personal feelings to the reader. Yes, he's a Marquez fan, or a Pacquiao hater, or even an Arum hater, but he failed to see that Marquez was being pummeled around the ring and bloodied, it's only a matter of a few rounds before he himself hits the deck but as Pacquiao turned it on upon hearing the 10-second mark, he relaxed thinking the bell would ring, and Marquez took advantage of this opportunity to throw the kitchen sink on him. He lost out of carelessness, and Marquez won out of his intelligence. I wonder how Marquez would have fared 2 years ago against Margarito, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Hatton and even Clottey, I bet he would have been KO'd by most of them and not come up with a single win. His triumph over Casamayor, Ramos, Katsidis are not worth remembering as classics.
                      Give credit and stop ****ing crying. He got put to sleep because JMM is that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X