Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez the closest triology you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquiao-Marquez the closest triology you've ever seen?

Despite how you've scored any of the fights, we all must admit after 36 rounds there have only been a handful of rounds which were definitive - marquez dominated a few, pacquiao dominated a few. But at at least 15 or so were EXTREMELY close rounds and very hard to score. I don't recall watching another trilogy that was so evenly matched over 36 rounds. Can you think of any?

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Despite how you've scored any of the fights, we all must admit after 36 rounds there have only been a handful of rounds which were definitive - marquez dominated a few, pacquiao dominated a few. But at at least 15 or so were EXTREMELY close rounds and very hard to score. I don't recall watching another trilogy that was so evenly matched over 36 rounds. Can you think of any?

This is probably the closest trilogy ever. Off hand, the only one I can think of that might rival it is McLarnin-Ross and that falls short in my opinion.

Comment

Nah but its up there with Ali-Norton

Comment

I don't think the first fight was evenly matched at all. It was only matched on points, Marquez dominated the fight.

Comment

Barrera vs Moralles was just as close to my mind. In 36 rounds of boxing it could have ended up 18 rounds a piece quite easily.

Frankly, the judges scored the first two fights incorrectly. Barrera probably should have been awarded the first match by at least a round, and Moralles should have probably got the nod in the second encounter by as much as two rounds. Their third fight correctly went to Barrera, but it was only by a whisker (One judge had it a draw.....the other two had it by one and two rounds to Barrera).

In the 36 rounds of boxing between Marquez and Pacquiao, I'd have Marquez winning more rounds than Pacquiao. The knockdowns in fights one and two brought the scores more even. Round for round and stylistically at least Marquez has Pacquiao's number.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Barrera vs Moralles was just as close to my mind. In 36 rounds of boxing it could have ended up 18 rounds a piece quite easily.

Frankly, the judges scored the first two fights incorrectly. Barrera probably should have been awarded the first match by at least a round, and Moralles should have probably got the nod in the second encounter by as much as two rounds. Their third fight correctly went to Barrera, but it was only by a whisker (One judge had it a draw.....the other two had it by one and two rounds to Barrera).

In the 36 rounds of boxing between Marquez and Pacquiao, I'd have Marquez winning more rounds than Pacquiao. The knockdowns in fights one and two brought the scores more even. Round for round and stylistically at least Marquez has Pacquiao's number.
            I had Morales edging the 3rd fight.

Comment

No because I have marquez comfortably beat pac 2 out of 3 fights and the other a draw

Comment

Possibly, though I think that the Ali/Norton trilogy was pretty darn close, with some (I disagree) arguing that Kenny won all three.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I had Morales edging the 3rd fight.
                  Which would have made the judges potentially wrong in all three fights. The fights were that close.

I did have Barrera winning the third fight, he just seemed to want it more. But hell yea, it was close.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Possibly, though I think that the Ali/Norton trilogy was pretty darn close, with some (I disagree) arguing that Kenny won all three.

If you take all 39 rounds that Ali and Norton fought, there would be a fair argument that Norton won over half.

The first fight was a clear win for Norton. I only had Ali winning the second fight on his excellent final round......and realistically the third fight should have been a draw (although the rounds Norton won were more dominant).

Comment

Working...
                    X