Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Events with Ward, Pacquiao present big HBO possibilities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Events with Ward, Pacquiao present big HBO possibilities

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - On consecutive Saturdays, a main-event stage on HBO will show us where two of the sport’s best fighters from a year ago stand in comparison to their contemporaries 12 months later.

One of the high-end pair, super middleweight Andre Ward, did his part this past weekend and looked about as good as anyone could upon returning from a prolonged injury-prompted hiatus.

The humble Californian made a highly-ranked and unbeaten Edwin Rodriguez look barely professional over 12 clinical rounds in the Los Angeles suburb of Ontario, and firmly reestablished himself as a high-stakes player in a suddenly lucrative corridor between 160 and 175 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

Rios is there to get his ass beat.....we all know that.

Comment

Fitz didn't even mention Chavez Jr. as a possible opponent for Ward...

Comment

Lyle's predicting Froch-Groves to go 12 rounds. I don't see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Lyle's predicting Froch-Groves to go 12 rounds. I don't see it...
          Do you mean Froch would KO Groves? Or the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Lyle Fitzsimmons - On consecutive Saturdays, a main-event stage on HBO will show us where two of the sport’s best fighters from a year ago stand in comparison to their contemporaries 12 months later.

One of the high-end pair, super middleweight Andre Ward, did his part this past weekend and looked about as good as anyone could upon returning from a prolonged injury-prompted hiatus.

The humble Californian made a highly-ranked and unbeaten Edwin Rodriguez look barely professional over 12 clinical rounds in the Los Angeles suburb of Ontario, and firmly reestablished himself as a high-stakes player in a suddenly lucrative corridor between 160 and 175 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]
            If HBO does pair Ward and Golovkin, I imagine it will be only after they milk separate matches and PPVs for each fighter. They are both potential stars who can make a mint fighting others. If they fight each other too soon, I wonder if the result would generate a desire for a series. I think it has a greater potential to catapult one's career, while effectively stifling the other's.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Do you mean Froch would KO Groves? Or the other way around?
              Froch to stop Groves. Personally, I'll be surprised if it goes 12.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Fitz didn't even mention Chavez Jr. as a possible opponent for Ward...
                The omission of Chavez, JR was probably intentional. His lack of dedication to the sport increasingly leaves only his father's name to carry him anywhere. Interest in him is waning.

Comment

good ole Lyle, floyds boy. He can't help it hahaha,

He just don't like PAC hahahaha

Excuses will fly, more demands will come and he will stand beside his boy floyd

Comment

Ward looked good against Rodriguez, but Edwin made himself look amateuristic. Those wild, looping punches, slow reflexes, poor movement and constant grappling made him look like he didn't even belong in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X