No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bika Sees Sjekloca as Path To Andre Ward Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bika Sees Sjekloca as Path To Andre Ward Rematch

Super middleweight Sakio Bika (30-5-2, 21KOs) is eager to secure a rematch with WBC/WBA champion Andre Ward. On February 16th, Bika will face undefeated Nikola Sjekloca (25-0, 7KOs) at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The WBC's interim-title will be at stake.

Ward won a lopsided twelve round decision over Bika in 2010. Bika is being trained by veteran coach Kevin Cunningham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sakio Bika won the Ward fight. No one will admit it though because everyone has their tongue so far up that phony Ward's a$$ that they can clean his colon.

Comment

Good little scrap here. I think Sjekloca will leave the ring as the interim-champ.

Comment

Rematch for what? So you could get the same treatment as the first fight? Worth a shot I guess...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ChestRockwell View Post
          Sakio Bika won the Ward fight. No one will admit it though because everyone has their tongue so far up that phony Ward's a$$ that they can clean his colon.
          Nah, Ward won in a close fight. The first half of the fight i gave Bika the edge but then the second half Ward took over...116 to 112 or 115 to 113 are prolly the true scores of the fight. I don't see where Bika beat Ward.

Comment

If Ward/Bika I was in Canada or something it would have been a draw....no one won a decisive round in that fight and all the headbutting and dirty tactics on both sides (Ward punching after the bell most of the rounds) was ridiculous.

Comment

Bika has always been underrated, and is the most awkward fighter at 168, and is one of the most awkward P4P. Their first fight was well over two years ago and Ward was visibly a much less experienced fighter at the time. Bika's awkward style, sheer physical strength and wild looping punches are hard to stay in a rhythm against.

With that being said, I never really saw this close fight that some people did though, it was more so an awkward, messy yet somewhat one sided affair similar to how the Bika-Calzaghe fight was. Especially down the stretch in the latter part of the fight, Ward was in complete control in an admittedly ugly and awkward fashion. No one's looked "good' beating Bika.

I like Bika and feel he has a good chance to beat all of the other top fighters in the division currently not named Ward given the fact Ward has vastly improved with experience and become a much calmer and complete fighter. Bika's best chance at beating Ward was when he first fought him due to Ward's limited experience, now I feel if a second fight happened it'd just be completely one sided. The consensus score for the first fight which was the same I had, was 116-112 Ward.

There really are little to no options for Ward at 168 at the moment. The only fight that interests me at all at this point is a fight with Andre Dirrell. Besides that, the only other options really are rematches with Froch and Kessler which in my personal opinion are completely pointless given the fact the first two fights were as one sided as one sided can get. Ward's already stated that moving up to 175 is practically a guarantee, and is very likely to happen soon. I'd like to see him fight Cloud, Pascal and potentially a fight with Campillo or even a rematch with Dawson there.

Comment

Bika has always been underrated, and is the most awkward fighter at 168, and is one of the most awkward P4P. Their first fight was well over two years ago and Ward was visibly a much less experienced fighter at the time. Bika's awkward style, sheer physical strength and wild looping punches are hard to stay in a rhythm against.

With that being said, I never really saw this close fight that some people did though, it was more so an awkward, messy yet somewhat one sided affair similar to how the Bika-Calzaghe fight was. Especially down the stretch in the latter part of the fight, Ward was in complete control in an admittedly ugly and awkward fashion. No one's looked "good' beating Bika.

I like Bika and feel he has a good chance to beat all of the other top fighters in the division currently not named Ward given the fact Ward has vastly improved with experience and become a much calmer and complete fighter. Bika's best chance at beating Ward was when he first fought him due to Ward's limited experience, now I feel if a second fight happened it'd just be completely one sided. The consensus score for the first fight which was the same I had, was 116-112 Ward.

There really are little to no options for Ward at 168 at the moment. The only fight that interests me at all at this point is a fight with Andre Dirrell. Besides that, the only other options really are rematches with Froch and Kessler which in my personal opinion are completely pointless given the fact the first two fights were as one sided as one sided can get. Ward's already stated that moving up to 175 is practically a guarantee, and is very likely to happen soon. I'd like to see him fight Cloud, Pascal and potentially a fight with Campillo or even a rematch with Dawson there.

Comment

do it again! good fight...

Comment

Bika's cool but people get fooled by his body language in the Ward fight and think he was more competitive than was actually the case. Ward is easier to doubt with is low stance and the way he deflects power. Forget appearances and look at the blows landed.
                    Ward looks more fluid, confident, and powerful now. Bika would enter into a nightmare fighting him now. If he's lucky, he'll catch him on the first fight back from shoulder surgery.

Comment

Working...
                    X