No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Hearn Discuss Landing Ward or Kessler in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch, Hearn Discuss Landing Ward or Kessler in 2013

Carl Froch quickly turned his attention to a "career-defining" 2013 after seeing off American challenger Yusaf Mack with the minimum of fuss.

Froch took over-matched Philadelphian Mack out in three rounds with two stinging body shots in Nottingham as he successfully defended his IBF super-middleweight title for the first time.

Mack, who had moved down from light-heavyweight to challenge Froch, was a rare 'soft touch' on paper after Froch's incredible run of elite-level fights in recent years.

Now, though, the evergreen 35-year-old is keen to nail down his plans for next year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would actually prefer a Stevenson fight in march, hopefully the Bute rematch falls apart and they go their seperate ways.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that Kessler doesn't want to go to the UK. He didn't want to go to Canada either to fight Bute.

Comment

Interbox promotes Stevenson AND Bute... As Team Bute doesn't seem happy to let Lucian fight Froch again, it's highly probable that Interbox will step up on the Stevenson "mandatory" fight... I thing Bute will move up at 175 and possibly find Ward there in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Interbox promotes Stevenson AND Bute... As Team Bute doesn't seem happy to let Lucian fight Froch again, it's highly probable that Interbox will step up on the Stevenson "mandatory" fight... I thing Bute will move up at 175 and possibly find Ward there in the near future.
          Interbox and Gym promotions are 2 different promotional companies if im not misunderstood

Bute is with Interbox and Stevenson is with GYM promotions.

Interbox and Gym co promote many shows, they can be mistaken for the same company.

Comment

Stevenson gets mauled by the Cobra.

Looking forward to Froch-Kessler II in mid-2013.

Comment

I would love to see a Kessler rematch in the UK, the first fight was close as hell, I had Kessler by 1 point but that fight could've easily gone the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                Interbox and Gym promotions are 2 different promotional companies if im not misunderstood

Bute is with Interbox and Stevenson is with GYM promotions.

Interbox and Gym co promote many shows, they can be mistaken for the same company.
                Yes: Yvon Michel's GYM... Yvon Michel used to be general manager at Interbox... he left Interbox in 2004...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  After the Mack fight, Bute said that Froch-Bute II goes ahead in the spring or summer of 2013 depending upon the negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    After the Mack fight, Bute said that Froch-Bute II goes ahead in the spring or summer of 2013 depending upon the negotiations.
                    Bute wants the rematch, but his team doesn't (with incapable trainer Larouche in lead position)... In my opinion they will force Bute to move up at 175.

Comment

Working...
                    X