No announcement yet.

Garcia more polished than Lucas lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    danny won atleast 9 rounds against zab did lucas win ateleast 9 rounds?but that doesn't matter because he was buzzed right?so i guess all the work rigo did in the donaire fight doesn't count that much either because donaire dropped him right.

for lucas to had dropped zab and had him in full survival mode that fight was damn close so i don't know how much that says about lucas.
    outboxed by zab?danny was out boxed by zab?aiight if you say so but if i can win atleast 9 rounds while getting out boxed i wouldn't be mad.

this doesn't mean that i think danny would beat lucas but i now do believe that this is a toss up fight because lucas himself is no world beater lets see what happends with this peterson fight

9 rounds, bit of an exaggeration. Judah did not clearly win a single round against Lucas.

Lucas isn't a world beater? Yet hes beaten Soto, Ajose, Judah, Alexander, all comfortably top 10 at the time.

I said 2 years back on here, nobody at 140 beats Lucas. He will destroy Peterson, flatten Garcia and Khan. He'll still get no respect and people will bring up his 'losses' like they actually mean something.

They'll soon change their tune ''Oh err Garcia was always overrated and limited'' they will say Peterson is ordinary without his steroids so that means nothing. same people who picked Donaire & are now trying to discredit Rigondeaux, pathetic excuse for 'boxing fans'
    I don't know why when boxing fans predict such **** and get proven wrong they can't just hold their hands up and admit they was wrong and give a little praise.

They will shred Lucas's opposition and resume yet its actually better than Garcia & Petersons. He may just have the best resume at 140.

Comment

Soto vs Matthysse was a 50/50 fight with probably more picking Soto. Lucas destroyed him, he got no praise and they was all like ''Soto is a small guy''
      ''Soto is old and a bus driver''

People may want to forget it was a 50/50, Soto was top 10, undefeated in years, not been stopped in over a decade etc etc and how many on here predicted Soto too win but I recall it all perfectly well.

Nobody has ever done that to Soto who is a damn fine, underrated Mexican warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        9 rounds, bit of an exaggeration. Judah did not clearly win a single round against Lucas.

Lucas isn't a world beater? Yet hes beaten Soto, Ajose, Judah, Alexander, all comfortably top 10 at the time.

I said 2 years back on here, nobody at 140 beats Lucas. He will destroy Peterson, flatten Garcia and Khan. He'll still get no respect and people will bring up his 'losses' like they actually mean something.

They'll soon change their tune ''Oh err Garcia was always overrated and limited'' they will say Peterson is ordinary without his steroids so that means nothing. same people who picked Donaire & are now trying to discredit Rigondeaux, pathetic excuse for 'boxing fans'
        I don't know why when boxing fans predict such **** and get proven wrong they can't just hold their hands up and admit they was wrong and give a little praise.

They will shred Lucas's opposition and resume yet its actually better than Garcia & Petersons. He may just have the best resume at 140.
        Gotta bookmark this for next year

Comment

9 rounds is not an exaggeration and pretty much every round of that judah and lucas fight were close you can't honestly say the danny-zab fight was closer than the zab lucas fight no way

nice story that you have about the rigo donaire fight but i was not one of those people i thought donaire was overrated and i thought rigo was going to expose him

i'm not shredding lucas resume i'm just keeping it real his resume is not that much better is it better yes but not that much better than danny resume and you may feel like amir was overrated but that win is still better than any win lucas has and soto is a 135 fighter that really didn't prove that much at 135 that win is pretty much as good as beating morales

Comment

Soto vs Matthysse was a 50/50 fight with probably more picking Soto. Lucas destroyed him, he got no praise and they was all like ''Soto is a small guy''
            ''Soto is old and a bus driver''

People may want to forget it was a 50/50, Soto was top 10, undefeated in years, not been stopped in over a decade etc etc and how many on here predicted Soto too win but I recall it all perfectly well.

Nobody has ever done that to Soto who is a damn fine, underrated Mexican warrior.
            all those people are ******ed who thought soto would win but i guarantee you can not find a post by me anywhere that shows that i thought that fight was even going to be a close fight and remember soto is mexican and there are alot of mexican posters on this site who go with the mexican fighter regardless just because they are mexican

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              9 rounds is not an exaggeration and pretty much every round of that judah and lucas fight were close you can't honestly say the danny-zab fight was closer than the zab lucas fight no way

nice story that you have about the rigo donaire fight but i was not one of those people i thought donaire was overrated and i thought rigo was going to expose him

i'm not shredding lucas resume i'm just keeping it real his resume is not that much better is it better yes but not that much better than danny resume and you may feel like amir was overrated but that win is still better than any win lucas has and soto is a 135 fighter that really didn't prove that much at 135 that win is pretty much as good as beating morales

Lucas wasn't the fighter he is today when he fought Zab, that was his first time on the world stage and he beat him 116-111 in my eyes. He fought a better, younger version. The scorecards was around the same they even had a knockdown each but Zab had a lot more success against Garcia, he landed virtually nothing but pitty pat jabs against Lucas whilst eating clean powerpunches to head & body.

Ajose >Khan. (Many feel he doesn't have the resume to back this but I haven't much doubt about it)
              Alexander >Khan.
              Soto - Morales around the same, we can agree with that though I do feel Soto still has a good bit left in the tank where Morales is done.

Garcia is made for Lucas. He has nothing to keep him off, no inside game, questionable gas-tank = recipe for disaster against one of the best bodypunchers in the sport who has massive power in both hands, can cut off the ring & applies intelligent pressure at a relentless pace.
              He has no chance of beating Lucas, Peterson is a much harder fight & has many more dimensions to his game.

I honestly feel Lucas will steamroll him & it just depends on his ability to absorb punishment for how long he lasts. I give him 10 rounds tops & wouldn't be surprised if hes flat on his face inside of 5-6.
              I can not think of one single thing he does better than Lucas. Lucas is even the better counterpuncher. He has knocked out granite chinned opposition where Garcia - Khan & a done and dusted Morales.
              Last edited by dan_cov; 04-29-2013, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

I knew Soto was going to get his sh^t pushed in and I was actually surprised that he had the balls to take that fight, because fighting legitimate contenders is just something he's made a career out of not doing. Guy didn't even want anything to do with Anthony Peterson and Brandon Rios a couple of years back.

Originally posted by Ant Dgk
                  Good post Dan I agree as well he isn't even that good and has a one dimensional style. When he faces a puncher that doesn't throw one punch at a time and fights on the inside I want to see how he deals with it. I haven't seen him fight on the inside and believe he will get exposed soon if he fights Lucas. You better believe he's going to be on him every second of the round.

Matthysse isn't an inside fighter and he's not been truly tested at that range, either. PEDerson is the first guy he's fighting that is actually very good at fighting at close quarters.

Matthysse-PEDerson is a 50/50 fight as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    I knew Soto was going to get his sh^t pushed in and I was actually surprised that he had the balls to take that fight, because fighting legitimate contenders is just something he's made a career out of not doing. Guy didn't even want anything to do with Anthony Peterson and Brandon Rios a couple of years back.

Matthysse isn't an inside fighter and he's not been truly tested at that range, either. PEDerson is the first guy he's fighting that is actually very good at fighting at close quarters.

Matthysse-PEDerson is a 50/50 fight as far as I'm concerned.

Who has Peterson exhibited a good inside game against though?
                    Bradley? That ended well.
                    Khan? No inside game what so ever, just laid against the ropes using his earmuff guard, Peterson couldn't even put a dent in him & got a hometown gift.
                    Ortiz? Garbage fighter who wrecked him inside.
                    Kendall Holt? Another fighter who can't fight in the pocket.

Comment

Considering very little of the Ortiz fight actually took place on the inside, how could he have "wrecked" him there? Best stick to making hyperbole comments on fights that you've actually seen.

And yes, Victor Ortiz is complete garbage, but Humberto Soto and Ajose Olusegun are the absolute truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X