No announcement yet.

Mariusz Wach confirms he'll be fighting Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
    I think the klits get a lot of hate from boxing fans because of their selective matching.

Take for instance the chambers/arreola fights. Ideally we would have liked to see chambers taken on vitali; his movement, speed and angles would have caused vitali some problems (watch the solis fight and vitali struggles with someone who has good footwork).

And most fight fans wanted to see chris arreola taken on Vlad. Chris’s ability to take a punch and his tendency to throw powerful combinations (take note mr haye) would have made for an exciting fight.

However the klits monopolised the situation and made fights that would be easier for them.

I am always going to wonder how would vitali have handled haye/chambers and how would vlad have handled arreola/chisora.
    Wladimir wanted Chris Arreola not Mariusz Wach to be his next opponent.

But Chris Arreola's management decided to not pursue a fight with Wladimir Klitschko in the fall.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44316

I imagine it's because he's targeting a shot at the vacant WBC title when Vitali retires.

But if Arreola had accepted the fight with Wlad, the same Klitschko haters would be whining and complaining about it!

Comment

Wach is a big and tall guy, it'll make for an interesting fight.

Comment

Wach is as decent contender as you'd expect given the schedules or avoidance of Wlad by other legit opponents. Wach appears to be well matched so far and seems to have developed his power as he's got older, stronger and more experienced. I expect WK to feel him out for a few rounds but once Wach feels his power it'll be game over IMO and another mid round KO. I like the fact that Wlad has to come forward against taller opponents as it sometimes shows his underrated punch arsenal.

I suppose there could be an argument for Arreola been the opponent come November/early December, and would be my preferred choice for a MSG showdown, but neither seems willing to travel to one anothers backyards or Arreola feels he needs more prep time and a few more tune ups. Unfortunately it seems we'll have to wait until 2013 for some 'legit' fights to happen due to schedule conflicts - Povetkin, Pulev, Haye et al can have their shots at either K-Bro.

Comment

I don't mind this fight. Wach is a tall lumbering guy who's decent but relatively untested. The size advantage will favor Wach as he is a bit taller and has a longer reach than Wlad. Wlad is, 99% of the time, the bigger fighter so it will be interesting to see how he handles a bigger guy. That said, I expect Klitschko to batter Wach easily throughout the fight and getting the stoppage...

Comment

Wach is a bum. The heavyweight division is just down right terrible.

Comment

Great match up. Wach is a ****ing beast. Entering the 2nd reign of wlads run.

Comment

Nobody cares...

Comment

Mariusz Wach says he has now signed to fight Wladimir Klitschko.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...anu-chempionom

rough translation:

Polish Star Mariusz Wach (27-0, 15 KOs) in Nowy Dziennik newspaper interview, promised to do what other Polish boxers failed to do (Andrzej Golota, Albert Sosnowski and Tomasz Adamek) and become world champion heavyweight champion. But the task is quite difficult, because the win in front of the battle is long-time leader of the heavyweight division, Vladimir Klitschko (58-3, 51 KO), with whom Wach would meet at the end of this year.

"The contracts have been signed, '' said Wach. Mentally I had been preparing for this fight for quite a few months and feel good. I do not think that three Polish boxers who fought for the title, failed to become world champions. Poland will have its first heavyweight champion of the world ".

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    Wach is a big and tall guy, it'll make for an interesting fight.
                    Yes.

Looking forward to this one more than Wlad-Thompson II and much more than Wlad-Mormeck.

Comment

another bum to add to his tally

Comment

Working...
                      X