No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril Remains as Champ, WBA's Investigation Finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abril Remains as Champ, WBA's Investigation Finished

After hearing the allegations, the WBA Directorate decided Richard Abril would remain as Interim Champion.

There were two strong allegations in this case; the first is based on Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios' weight irregularities, and the second, based on the result of the fight held in Las Vegas. The result was a split decision; however, eleven officials who reviewed it and the supervisor agreed Abril had been the winner.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Posting in a thread that is based on the sanctioning bodies doing something.............. right.

Comment

good news I cant believe it. Abril won the fight clearer than glass, it wasnt even close or up for debate, so this is good!

Comment

wait, so they are overturning the decision right?

Comment

So abril stays champion but does that mean brandon now has that decision reversed to a loss or does abril stay champ and get the win? Justice would be the latter of the two.

Comment

Sometimes life is Fair.
            happy for abril. but will still be more happy watching rios fight topguns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
              wait, so they are overturning the decision right?
              I think only the State Commissions can do something like that

Comment

When I read the title I thought they were making him the REAL champion but it's just interim champion -_-. So what's going on with the decision? Is it being overturned or what?

Comment

This is like the mafia doing an internal investigation

Comment

If the WBA was to overturn the decision, why is it that Abril's record still at (17-3-1-8 KOs) intead of 17-2 and 8KOs? the WBA just let him keep the interim belt thats it.

Comment

Working...
                    X