Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current boxer would make the best trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
    sOG , is the easily best choice.looks like
    he can relate to anyone and knows the ins and out all around intangibles to get it done not only In the ring but more importantly for some of these guys out of the ring..patience, teaching ability and father figure.
    I've seen him teach some MMA fighters boxing tips. The man can definitely make a living off being a trainer.

Comment

JMM and B-Hop are the best choices for sure. Floyd wouldn't be a bad choice either if he could lose all the flashiness and be down to earth

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
        imagine Jones: "Triple up that left hook son"

Hopkins
        Marquez
        lmaoo

I saw an old documentary a while back about Jones though where he said his dad was so hard on him that he wanted noone to ever go through what he did, so I actually think Jones would probably end up bein more understanding and less of an a sshole than a lotta people based on how he was raised lol

Comment

I think Robert Guerrero would be pretty good. Technician plus he's been pretty spot on when predicting fight outcomes.

Comment

Juan Marquez, Hopkins or Donaire would all be good I think. Floyd would be good if he had the temperment to be a trainer. Maybe he does. Martinez would also be good. If I can only pick one I would pick Marquez.

Comment

Came in this thread with BHop in mind.

Comment

Bhop would make a great trainer. Floyd has all of the knowledge in his head but I dont think he has the personality to be a trainer. Roy Jones you can tell knows his **** from his commentary and would be good, I am worried about him becoming punch drunk though he needs to stop fighting.

Tarver could be a good trainer... if he wanted to but I think maybe he doesnt want to, think he likes the spot like more as a commentator, which he is great at.

Originally posted by ChrisTLD View Post
                JMM. I love listening to him on golpe a golpe.
                Yeah he is amazing on there, he will be a great trainer plus hes bilingual so he can train 95% of the fighters out there without a translator which I always think is not good if they have to use a translator to work with the trainer.
                Last edited by elfag; 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Just because a fighter is great doesn't mean they would be an excellent trainer. The best trainers today were never excellent fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                    imagine Jones: "Triple up that left hook son"

Hopkins
                    Marquez
                    lol, i vaguely remember a segment where roy said he wouldn't like to be a trainer because he'd just get upset when the trainee couldn't do stuff like he could

but besides that, i think if roy would become a trainer, that he'd be one of the best trainers

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                      Someone that's not the most talented. Someone that can look at things objectively from the outside.

Imagine Sugar Ray Leonard training someone: "Damnit! Why can't you throw the jab like me!!!??"
                      Very true....I think this tends to be the case is all sports. The best coaches/managers were usually mediocre players.

Comment

Working...
                      X