Do you agree with this on hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with this on hatton?

this was from esb's left hook lounge.

Reynaldo I. (Orlando, FL): If you were Ricky Hatton's advisor, what would you advise him to do next?

Vivek W. (ESB): Styles make fights, and don't think for a second that everyone will do to Hatton what Pacquiao did to him. I think Hatton has great potential but it's no secret that many fighters train for months, yet when the bell rings and those hot Vegas lights get to glaring, they forget everything they ever learned and opportunity flies out the window that fast. With Hatton, I think that's his main issue. There was a lot of finger pointing in the Hatton/Mayweather camp, but in reality, Hatton has no one to blame but himself for the loss. Seconds before the fight started you could see Bernard Hopkins giving Hatton specific instructions, quietly telling him and visibly saying "move your head, move your head". Seconds after that, Shane Mosley could be seen in the ring telling him the same thing. Mayweather Sr. could be heard telling him after the first round, "move ya damn head, you should've been doing that from day one"! With some of the best minds in the game surrounding him trying to enforce the same fundamental thing, it still never sank in until the same head Hatton apparently couldn't move was drilled, placing him back first on the deck. Despite never shooting a weapon prior, as a former U.S. Marine I learned that as complex as the M-16 rifle was, a slight windage adjustment could make the difference between me hitting dirt and making my target squirt! Similarly for Hatton, boxing is a complex game, but a few minor tweaks would give him all the tools he'll ever need to win. If he's prepared to make those adjustments and enforce them, go for it! If he can't, it's time to follow Roger Mayweather's advice and hand over his gloves, pour the gasoline, and light 'em up....because there's no reason to continue in the sport! It's that simple.

I agree with most of it. Not everyone is going to be able to do to Hatton what Pacquiao did. That's what makes Pacquiao the great fighter that he is. Not everyone is going to be able to do what Mayweather did because Floyd is the best.

But Ricky Hatton gets hit flush by a lot of other fighters too. It's because he doesn't move his head. I think that if he could just learn to do a few little subtle things defensively then he'd be able to fight on and win some good fights. But right now it's hard to say if that'll ever happen.

Comment

I heard Mayweather snr was actually hitting Hatton in training because "He left his head there" according to an interview Snr gave way before the fight.

People were telling him to move his head for a reason, Hatton doesnt have a defence so he was suppose to feint or move his head because of the way Manny throw his punches, He didnt have respect for manny's power or size and he pay dearly for it.

Comment

Yea, I think Hatton's main problem is this so called "red mist" that descends when he steps in the ring. It completely clouds his brain and stops him from applying any kind of technique and makes him just go for the kill. Personally, I think Roach got under Hatton's skin before the fight with all the 3rd round KO stuff and the fact that Ricky was seen as such a huge underdog got to him as well. The whole occasion got to him and that "red mist" descended and as a result, everything he trained for got thrown out the window.

I don't know...maybe if he chooses to fight on he should get some sort of psychological treatment for this LOL..

Comment

Infern0, you still abandoned Hatton or has your head cleared a bit after May 2nd?

Comment

Ill support him if he fights but I have no great hopes for him.

Comment

i heard that hatton sparred with cuban prospect lara for pac and was repeatidly being hurt ... just more of a fyi, lara's a great fighter and much bigger than hatton so if its true it dont mean much ...

Comment

He not change hisi fighting style ever, he is too stubborn for that. If he wants to fight on which i believe we will hear what he has to say about that in next week or so, he will need to change the way he fights, he needs to adopt a more defensive approach, until that day there is no point in Ricky fighting on, I hope that he does adjust and then can get back to boxing but until he changes which he won't then there is no chance!

Comment

If you didnt kno pac would destroy hatton you should probably leave the site too. Until ricky stop stumbling forward with both arms extended and patting his gloves together he will keep getting ktfo by world class boxers. He surely wont correct those problems so he will always have a spot on Friday night fights as a tester for up and comers. He would be a hell of a Boxing S.A.T thats about it.

Comment

Hatton is always gonna fight like Hatton no matter what trainer they bring in to try to improve his game..

I think with seen the best of him but theres some marketable fights out there for him still.The likes of Bradley or Witter

Comment

Working...
                    X