No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    They probably signed him to be their sacrificial lamb.... Hopefully he upsets those plans
    I don't know man. He's a pretty marketable guy. Fights with Mathysse, Garcia, Khan should happen soon.

Comment

Peterson is a good signing. The 140 lb division is shaping up nicely. Im up for a Matthysse/Peterson matchup for the IBF title.

Comment

I now see Pederson v mattysse.

Comment

a great move to protect Garcia.

if Matthysse beats Peterson and becomes the IBF champ, he'll no longer be the WBC mandatory. Sulaiman will probably strip him of his interim title and Garcia can avoid Matthysse all day.

Comment

Golden Boys promotion has a grip on the 140lb division and yeah Peterson vs Mattysse is more than likely in the cards. It'd be a good scrap in my honest opinion, I'm not exactly pleased with Peterson holding on to his belt and walking into a money fight but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              I wouldent mind that fight. One question though will they let him take his testosterone pellets?
              Do you think it will matter?

Regardless you can argue that Peterson is the true #1 in that division because of the Khan win. So if Lucas beats him it will give him a stronger claim at being top guy at 140.
              Last edited by -PBP-; 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                I wouldent mind that fight. One question though will they let him take his testosterone pellets?
                30 minutes before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Do you think it will matter?

Regardless you can argue that Peterson is the true #1 in that division because of the Khan win. So if Lucas beats him it will give him a stronger claim at being top guy at 140.
                  probably not, I like peterson solid fighter.

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  30 minutes before the fight
                  only way too take them baby!

Comment

That is a good signing for both parties, Peterson can get paid now and he gives another solid opponent to match up with their 140 pound guys, plus another east coast guy where they are trying to build up.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Golden Boys promotion has a grip on the 140lb division and yeah Peterson vs Mattysse is more than likely in the cards. It'd be a good scrap in my honest opinion, I'm not exactly pleased with Peterson holding on to his belt and walking into a money fight but it is what it is.
                      yeah I think lamont LM is the plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X