Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing matches/fighters that belong on a network like Fox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none, Boxing doesnt belong on Fox. Fox is a big joke. Shows how pathetic MMA is that its going to Fox. Boxing is a mans sport. doesnt belong on a channel of bible thumpers that bleep out any swear word and if you show a nipple its omg why wont anyone think of the children!

Keep Boxing off Fox!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      Came here to post this.

A fight like Rios-Katsidis being on network TV would go a LONG way towards bringing back fans to the sport. Pretty much can't go wrong with putting Mexican warriors on display in general.
      Exactly. Instead of exploiting the Mexican/Latino boxing scene with overpriced PPVs, put the fights on regular television and grow the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        lol @ chris arreola and kimbo slice. Kimbo already failed on primetime network TV. Arreola is kind of embarrassing for boxing tbh. I'd hide him from the general public.

Anyways, there are tons of guys that are great for TV. Problem is promoters and fighters only look at short term money. Why try to make a deal on say, CBS, when you can make 20X that amount on PPV?

It works with UFC because UFC is one big organization. They own their fighter; they do as they say.

Boxing is a giant clusterfuck of promoters, managers, personal advisers, corrupt organizations like the wbc/wba/etc, etc etc...

The only way I could see this working for boxing, is if let's say the top promoters like top rank, golden boy, dibella, shaw, king, all came to an agreement with a network, like CBS, in which they would have their fighters up against eachother. In the LONG run it would payoff. But again, everyone just looks at the short term in boxing. I mean just look at pavlik, he wouldn't fight an easy fight for $75k in order to make $1.3+ million. Short term, short term, short term.
        " look at pavlik, he wouldn't fight an easy fight for $75k in order to make $1.3+ million" - Great point.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
          Jesus Kimbo does not deserve to be mentioned with Areolla.
          Originally posted by GreatestIam View Post
          anybody watch FNF i believe that's network TV...??

Kimbo in the same sentence as Arreola WTF.. are you guys boxing fans or fa&s..
          Let's not get childish... "Don't mention them in the same sentence" that's little kid stuff...

If u noticed the category I placed them in. I didn't say that they should fight each other, or that these guys were equally skilled. I said these guys r 2 exciting KO artists that have no shot at ever being a world champ in their weight class. At least (in Arreola's case) while the Klitckos r still around.

They will get the casual fans', just looking for brutal KO's, attention. And maybe throwing in some exciting up and comers on their under cards.

Comment

Working...
          X