No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Pumped For Showdown With Lionhearts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Pumped For Showdown With Lionhearts

Olympic and world champion Vasyl Lomachenko is relishing the opportunity to return to London on Friday as the GB Lionhearts brace themselves for a big test in the World Series of Boxing.

Lomachenko will join another Olympic champion, Oleksandr Usyk, in the Ukraine Otamans line-up for the high-profile showdown at York Hall in Bethnal Green.

Last summer Lomachenko, widely regarded as the best amateur boxer in the world, skated to his second consecutive Olympic gold at lightweight with a points win over South Korea's Han Soon-chul.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That AIBA pro boxing thing is shit.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      That AIBA pro boxing thing is shit.
      What was he thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
        What was he thinking?

I'm sure he was thinking $$$. Didn't they say he would be able to earn money doing that while still being eligible to compete in the next Olympics? I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          What was he thinking?
          He makes good money from it, and it's good way for guys to get a taste of the pro-style while still being eligible for the Olympics, World Amateurs etc.

Lomachenko will probably turn pro at the end of the season anyway.

Comment

Time wasting...

Comment

There was a story a little while back that said he was looking to turn full pro in Spring.

From a development standpoint I dont think the WSB is a complete waste of time, they fight in pro conditions so its all experience right? My problem would be that it will hold back the promotional side of his career as he isnt getting as much attention now as he would be if he had gone full pro.

Either way im tuning in to watch as he is a sensational talent (as is Usyk).

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                I'm sure he was thinking $$$. Didn't they say he would be able to earn money doing that while still being eligible to compete in the next Olympics? I could be wrong.
                Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                He makes good money from it, and it's good way for guys to get a taste of the pro-style while still being eligible for the Olympics, World Amateurs etc.

Lomachenko will probably turn pro at the end of the season anyway.
                Forgive me, guys. I didn't realize that organization was setup to where he could still potentially compete in the next Olympics. That makes a LOT more sense.

Comment

Working...
                X