Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Returns on 3/9 at Barclays, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please do us all a favor and knock this old ass out.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
      doesn't this guy work for GBP? who the hell is managing his money?
      He's managing his own money, or has his private investment banker looking after it. No flies on Hopkins, he woulldn't trust most people. I'll be surprised anyway if he gets a decent purse. Who wants to watch Hopkins grunt and butt his way through a wrestling match.

Not me.

Comment

He'll be devaluing his own accomplishment. Pascal was the man at 175 because of the win over Dawson. It would be less meaningful for the oldest champion ever to have won it against Cleverley (no notable wins, got the belt through the reigning champion being stripped) Shumenov (no notable legit wins, got the belt via robbery) or Cloud (best of the three, but took a beating in his last fight and won via robbery).

Comment

He should fight Cloud. He's a bad matchup for Cleverly.

He'll cut Cleverly's workrate down a ton. The Cloud matchup would be better.

Comment

He's Bernard Hopkins...he can do whatever he wants.

Comment

yay!!!! bernards back!!!!!

Comment

unlss mayb it's Cleverly they will need a big local draw as hopkins can't fill barclays w/what he brings...I wouldn't pay a dollar to c him now...

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
                  Why? He beats guys like Cloud, Cleverley, Shumenov... easily.
                  I don't want to see a great fighter fighting when he's a shell of his former self.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I don't want to see a great fighter fighting when he's a shell of his former self.
                    But he isn't a shell of his former self. So he lost to Dawson. Fighters lose sometimes. Hopkins is still capable and he WILL beat cloud, cleverley, shumenov if they fight.

B-Hop aint really in any danger of brain damage either.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
                      But he isn't a shell of his former self. So he lost to Dawson. Fighters lose sometimes. Hopkins is still capable and he WILL beat cloud, cleverley, shumenov if they fight.

B-Hop aint really in any danger of brain damage either.
                      He's a shell of his former shelf IMO. Less than that.

Even in winning, he will look terrible in winning.

Having to fake low blows to get breaks is not how Hopkins should be remembered.

Comment

Working...
                      X