No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Your belief that most Obama voters are lazy and poor is pretty shallow and ignorant . Especially. when you consider California . Obama's campaign wasn't funded by lazy and poor people .

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    i'm not shallow and/or ignorant, i'm not saying they are all lazy but a big percentage of them are, look around you.
    Obama's campaign in California was funded by movie stars.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830
      Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph5620

Your belief that most Obama voters are lazy and poor is pretty shallow and ignorant . Especially. when you consider California . Obama's campaign wasn't funded by lazy and poor people .

i'm not shallow and/or ignorant, i'm not saying they are all lazy but a big percentage of them are, look around you.
      Obama's campaign in California was funded by movie stars.
      I'm not a movie star .I'mnot poor and lazy either .I'm also not exclusive which again demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about . Especially with the comical "movie star "comment .

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
        There will always be a few lazy bums who just collect. Still doesn't change the fact that many people actually need help and would work if given a chance.
        I don't disagree with you but if he keeps giving the count is going to grow.

Comment

Cuauhtémoc1520 you're one of the only posters here, where I can stay motivated to read his/her wall of text. While we certaintly don't agree on everything, and likely far from it - you seem like a smart, humble & experienced old dog.

Comment

I think the repubs lost because they lost touch with the common man and woman.

They are still sticking with the bible toting ethics stance instead of concentrating on economics. This Abortion Debate, Gay Marriage and other stances have been dealt with and buried long ago with other first world nations. It is time to move on and get the nation working again and working hard. That is what makes a nation dig themselves out of a hole.

This whole election they seemed to be chasing tails and running in circles. The ended up contradicting themselves in the process time and time again. If they would have stuck with economics and left their social values quiet, more people would have listened. They instead tried to jump into social issues that have long ago eroded.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I think the repubs lost because they lost touch with the common man and woman.

They are still sticking with the bible toting ethics stance instead of concentrating on economics. This Abortion Debate, Gay Marriage and other stances have been dealt with and buried long ago with other first world nations. It is time to move on and get the nation working again and working hard. That is what makes a nation dig themselves out of a hole.

This whole election they seemed to be chasing tails and running in circles. The ended up contradicting themselves in the process time and time again. If they would have stuck with economics and left their social values quiet, more people would have listened. They instead tried to jump into social issues that have long ago eroded.
              Good post, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                You realize Marco Rubio is going to win in 2016 right?
                I seriously doubt it. He'll definitely run, but I don't see him even getting the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

I don't even think he'll end up getting much support from the Latino community because he's Cuban, and there's a vast disconnect between Cubans, and Mexicans, who easily make up the largest percentage of Latino voters in the United States.

On topic : The Rpublican party needs to re-evaluate itself and move more towards the center. They've allowed a fringe group of extremists to hijack their party and continuing to pander towards that very vocal but numerically insignificant minority of the voting block has been costing them dearly the past few years.

Moderate Republicans feel as if their party has abandoned them.

Comment

There's a reason why Republicans have been so unwilling to work with Obama over the past few years, and that reason is simply this : Republicans would rather see Obama fail than to see America succeed.

Period.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    If Rubio gets the nomination in 2016, the Democrats will lose to Latino vote. The changing demographics favor Democrats, but you said so yourself.....over 70% of this country is still white. That's not bad or anything, but as an African American, I still feel like I live in country where the majority of the people are white, because in this country that's how it is.

It is the same thing. People were wondering back in 2004 how Kerry lost, with all that Bush had stacked against him. People were wondering if Democrats would produce a candidate that would win. In comes Obama against the joke that was McCain/Palin.

Rubio will win in 2016 if he gets the nomination. The first Latino American president. I know he'll clean up states with significant Latino populations, except for maybe California because California is always democrat.
                    Rubio will NOT automatically win the Hispanic vote, that's wishful thinking at best. What turned the Hispanics against the Republicans this time around was there hardcore approach to immigration. Rubio is right on board with that and unless he changes his tune, that will not switch. Hispanics are concerned about the undocumented workers and why they are being treated the way they are when we all know they are a necessary part of our economy. We need a workers program and an approach to immigration similar to Canada, where we create incentives, and give amnesty to the hard working one's who stay out of trouble and get degrees we need.

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    Cuauhtémoc1520 you're one of the only posters here, where I can stay motivated to read his/her wall of text. While we certaintly don't agree on everything, and likely far from it - you seem like a smart, humble & experienced old dog.
                    Gracias amigo, I feel the same and we shouldn't agree on everything but the important thing is we talk about it and use our heads to find out what is the best solution.

AND I'M NOT THAT OLD!!!!!!!

Comment

The Republican Party are a bunch of morons right now. Not sure what they were thinking this election.

Comment

Working...
                      X