No announcement yet.

AL West Title Goes Down To Final Game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL West Title Goes Down To Final Game

The Rangers have been in first since opening day, and now they can lose it all on the final day of the season. One to go boys!

Same with AL east

But its cute how you guys might make the playoffs, precious

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Same with AL east

But its cute how you guys might make the playoffs, precious
      Different situation, because the two are playing each other. East is separate series, so you don't control your own destiny fully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        Different situation, because the two are playing each other. East is separate series, so you don't control your own destiny fully.
        I dont get what u mean? That both the yanks and Os dont control their destinies? Yanks control their own but the Os dont

But yea i get what you mean. What do you think about Cabrera most likely winning the triple crown for the first time in almost 50 years?

Comment

I dont get what u mean? That both the yanks and Os dont control their destinies? Yanks control their own but the Os dont

But yea i get what you mean. What do you think about Cabrera most likely winning the triple crown for the first time in almost 50 years?
          I mean that the fate of each team (Yanks and O's) depends on both the outcome of their own game, and the outcome of the other team's game, whereas in the West the two contenders are playing each other to finish the season.

The Cabrera thing is pretty crazy, although the top batting averages are pretty low this year, which is the real factor that's allowing it to happen. Could still fall apart in the final game, his lead is extremely slim. Would be interesting if despite all this he lost the MVP to Trout, which is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            I mean that the fate of each team (Yanks and O's) depends on both the outcome of their own game, and the outcome of the other team's game, whereas in the West the two contenders are playing each other to finish the season.

The Cabrera thing is pretty crazy, although the top batting averages are pretty low this year, which is the real factor that's allowing it to happen. Could still fall apart in the final game, his lead is extremely slim. Would be interesting if despite all this he lost the MVP to Trout, which is possible.
            Oh ok gotcha. Tomoro is gonna be a VERY interesting day

& I think he got it locked up. Theres 1 game left and hes leading with a .331 average over Trouts .324. Unless Hamilton hits 2 HRs, i think its already locked up. This might be the closest MVP race in a loooong time

Comment

Cabrera winning the tripe crown wold be awesome. First time since 1967, I believe.

Comment

The Triple Crown has to be the most prestigious award to win in all of sports. Baseball hating fools will criticize it on here, but that sh-t is out of this world difficult to get. You can have a perfect season and not win it. Leader, in batting average, HR's, and RBI's. That's tough.

He can not make any mistakes though. Hamilton is right behind his ass, with 1 HR shy of tying him. Granderson, Dunn, Encarnacion are all 2-3 Homers away from him. Trout and Mauer aren't too far behind in batting average, and I think Miguel Cabrera pretty much has the RBI category on lock down, no one's catching him at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leader in RBI's and BA, but tied or fell short in HR's.

Comment

Oh ok gotcha. Tomoro is gonna be a VERY interesting day

& I think he got it locked up. Theres 1 game left and hes leading with a .331 average over Trouts .324. Unless Hamilton hits 2 HRs, i think its already locked up. This might be the closest MVP race in a loooong time
                  Crap, I didn't even know that. I guess he's actually going to win it then. Congrats to Miguel Cabrera.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Crap, I didn't even know that. I guess he's actually going to win it then. Congrats to Miguel Cabrera.
                    You didn't even read the thread title Kev?

Comment

Working...
                    X