No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joshua Celebrates With Lennox Lewis, Audley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joshua Celebrates With Lennox Lewis, Audley

LONDON, ENGLAND - Gold medalist Anthony Joshua (C) of Great Britain celebrates with former world heavweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis (R) and British professional boxer and super heavyweight gold medalist Audley Harrison (L) after the medal ceremony for the Men's super heavyweight (+91kg) final bout on Day 16 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at ExCeL.

[Click Here To Read More]

Audley --------------|---------------Lennox

in which part of the spectrum do you think joshua will fall?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Exactly the middle, Lennox is millions years ahead of him on skills and Effectiveness.

But I suppose no one could ever be as bad as Audley, so... yeah in the middle, contender in the HW's he could be, and even a champ, just like Povetkin, but he will never be like the K Bros or Lennox

Comment

If Warren puts him vs Dillian Whyte (his conqueror in the amateurs), it will be lights out for him.

So he should avoid him.

In his first amateur fight, Dillian Whyte put Joshua down

http://www.frankmaloney.com/index.ph...-olympian.html

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9964&cat=boxer
        Last edited by ksan; 08-12-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Does he even have the basics to fight in the pro game? Heard he only started fighting four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Too early to tell imo but if it was life or death, i'd have to say just after the half way mark. He's not got Lennox's pedigree or overall skill but he does have heart in abundance and the capacity to learn quickly.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Does he even have the basics to fight in the pro game? Heard he only started fighting four years ago.
            In which time he got silver @ the world's and Olympic champion. He'd need a lot of working with but he's definitely got the raw talent.
            Last edited by Uncle Rodge; 08-13-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Let me fix that.

Originally posted by ksan View Post
              But I suppose no one could ever be as bad as Audley, so... yeah in the middle, contender in the HW's he could be, and even a champ, just like Wlad/Vitali or Povetkin, but he will never be like Lennox

Comment

Lennox did not turn pro until he was 27 and was defeated at the QF stage in his first Olympics.

Joshua has a lot to learn but at 22 he has time on his side.

Comment

Olympic heroes

Comment

The new British savior is here. Hopefully he lives up to the hype. He looked really good at times, and average at best other times. Savon should have won, that was clear. I;m sure Joshua vs. Price will happen 5-6 years from now and, if Price lives up to his hype, it will be HUGE.

Comment

Working...
                    X