Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooooo, Shane is the new, last hope now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
    Baldo/Judah were top WW at the time... Cotto? no he was at 140, Mosley? ducked Floyd for his boss after he beat Vargas.
    wether u like it or not, this is true

Comment

Very true...that is a generalization mostly made by die hard pac fans. I think the recent switch from PBF vs Pac to PBF vs SMM is simple....
      A normal person cannot help but think logically... if PFB beat up JMM then he will beat up Pac...lol I don't see it any other way since PAC had A LOT of trouble with JMM.

I think PBF would not blow SMM out of the water...but I think Shane would give him a good fight and possibly take it. I also think Cotto would be a great fight with PBF. WIll PBF risk it??? probably not. I agree with another thread somewhere...if PBF "dominates" SMM COtto, Pac...then it would be undeniable that PBF is pound for pound best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchill79 View Post
        It is too funny. Maybe closet Pac fanatics starting to think Pac is not going to 'destroy' Mayweather
        Based on his performance on Saturday night I dont think anyone beats FLoyd
        Not Cotto not my Boy Mosley and def not pac. But he will only fight the smaller pac.

Comment

This is really getting annoying. No one is counting out Pac now except Floyd nuthuggers who think the Marquez Floyd fought is anything close to the one Pac fought. Shane Mosley is not the "great last hope" to beat Mayweather, he just looks like he is the front runner to be Mayweather's next opponent so he is getting the most conversation as such. Pac and Cotto would be getting talked about just as much, but they are fighting each other so until that happens we can't talk about either in the immediate future as far as a Mayweather opponent.

Mayweather beat up a slow, weak, small Marquez and that fight in no way can be used to make any case for Mayweather beating anyone except other lightweights that would have to move up to welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
            Very true...that is a generalization mostly made by die hard pac fans. I think the recent switch from PBF vs Pac to PBF vs SMM is simple....
            A normal person cannot help but think logically... if PFB beat up JMM then he will beat up Pac...lol I don't see it any other way since PAC had A LOT of trouble with JMM.

I think PBF would not blow SMM out of the water...but I think Shane would give him a good fight and possibly take it. I also think Cotto would be a great fight with PBF. WIll PBF risk it??? probably not. I agree with another thread somewhere...if PBF "dominates" SMM COtto, Pac...then it would be undeniable that PBF is pound for pound best.
            yeah, the triangle theory doesnt always work
            Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Based on his performance on Saturday night I dont think anyone beats FLoyd
              Not Cotto not my Boy Mosley and def not pac. But he will only fight the smaller pac.
              Not sure 'Only'. imho. But so much money in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                This is really getting annoying. No one is counting out Pac now except Floyd nuthuggers who think the Marquez Floyd fought is anything close to the one Pac fought. Shane Mosley is not the "great last hope" to beat Mayweather, he just looks like he is the front runner to be Mayweather's next opponent so he is getting the most conversation as such. Pac and Cotto would be getting talked about just as much, but they are fighting each other so until that happens we can't talk about either in the immediate future as far as a Mayweather opponent.

Mayweather beat up a slow, weak, small Marquez and that fight in no way can be used to make any case for Mayweather beating anyone except other lightweights that would have to move up to welterweight.
                Thank you! The same fans that say Pacquiao is overated because of the DLH win are now praising Mayweather to high heavens for beating up a fat Marquez.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing them fight. But people will find another way to criticize Floyd if he beats Shane. They'll say: "Well he was past his prime anyway. What did you expect?" Or "What did you expect, he's not on the EPO anymore."

Shane looked strong and renewed in beating Margarito. Not for the reasons everyone believes, though. Margarito wasn't even all there. But he still beat him and looked spectacular.

Most believe Shane needs money and that's why he's been calling out Floyd like a desperado. Many think Shane can actually beat Floyd.

I honestly feel Shane would put up a good fight, but will still come up short
                  of the win.

Only one way to find out.

Comment

its all about wanting to see him lose so clinging onto to some hope an trying to convince themselves shane could do it when in reality he couldt

he has looked impressive against guys whose style has suited shane to the ground....against mayweather shane would have to be accurate better with the jab and he would definetly have to be the 1 looking to come forward and instigate attacks..i dont think at 38 he can do it

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                      Comical.

Before Saturday night, Pacquiao was going to destroy Mayweather. After seeing how Floyd cut through Marquez like a hot knife through butter, you've scratched that concept and now there's a new hero in the Will Smith role? Shane Mosley to save the world?

Shane Mosley? Really?

Guys, Shane Mosley was outboxed by Oscar Delahoya, Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright and Miguel Cotto. Remember: Miguel Cotto didn't beat Shane with power. He outboxed him.

And I also saw big chunks of fights where Shane was being outboxed by a shot Fernando Vargas, by one-armed Luis Collazo, and by...RICARDO MAYORGA.

I acknowledge that most of the children on this board who are infatuated with silly nicknames just started watching boxing. And you just parrot what other people tell you. But Floyd Mayweather, Jr is not Antonio Margarito. Floyd is not a slow, robotic, six-foot stiff whose head will be in the same location all night.

Mayweather is going to take a WIIIIIDE decision from Shane. In late 2010.

Floyd was being Outboxed by an older partime Oscar for the first part of the fight. Was Shanee outboxed by Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright...yea for the most part...But those are the type of guys Floyd would never fight because most likely he would of lost. Winky and Vernon are stylistic nightmares for Floyd.

Styles make fights and even Mayweather Sr. and Roger have said Shane is Floyd's toughest fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X