No announcement yet.

Ya'll ever get sleep Paralysis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enchanted View Post
    Yes, another thread involving sleep lol.

But seriously, the other threads reminded me of this. I was going to make a thread on it eventually anyway.

I get if somewhat often & it can be a very terrifying experience if you have no prior knowledge to it.

The first time I experienced it was when I was 14-15. I was sleeping on my back when all of a I sudden woke up. I tried moving myself but it felt like a force was holding me down. I also felt another presence in the room. Needless to say, I was ****ting bricks. After awhile I felt breathing near my ear & saw shadows moving around in the darkness. After what felt like an eternity for me I was finally able to move. I hopped from my bed, threw my door open, & ran to the living room.

I was drenched in sweat & my heart was racing. I seriously thought a ghost, demon, or something was ****ing with me.

I told my mom the next day about it & she explained to me it was sleep paralysis. Apparently she got it fairly often when she was younger.

I looked up on the internet & that calmed my nerves quite a lot.

Whenever I get it now I just try stay calm & wait for it to pass. Although it still can be quite unnerving.

So how about you guys? Has it happened to you? How often? And what do you experience?
    WOAH! trippy this has actually happened to me 2-3 times and had actually forgotten about it (happened 2/3 times when i slept downstairs on the living room couch) i remember i woke up it was pitch black and i couldnt move no matter how hard i tried something was painfully pinning me down and i did feel something else there with me (an entity of sorts) all i kept tellin my self this is all a dream! and god wouldnt let a demon hurt me! and i snapped out of it (woke up) :/ bad times thanks for reminding me jerk!

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Its nothing new, people have wrote about this for thousands of years. And yes this has happened to me once, and the same exact thing you mentioned. The evil presence was at the end of the bed and I felt it watching me. Therefore, if the sleep paralysis can be explained away, why does everyone feel this evil presence?
      right?

why cant be it some entity zuckin yo dick or ridin you till you bust loads on whetever it is? ... why cant it be a pleasant experience?

does this kinda put more light on the theory that there is evil beings/en****** lurking amongst us?

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        right?

why cant be it some entity zuckin yo dick or ridin you till you bust loads on whetever it is? ... why cant it be a pleasant experience?

does this kinda put more light on the theory that there is evil beings/en****** lurking amongst us?
        I also just remembered i tried screaming and i coudnt!, this is off topichish..but i also remember a dream where i was in tall grass and a snake bit me on the leg and the pain felt real the venom taking effect, it hurt so bad i woke up. and in regards to the demons/evil en****** im a person that has to see to believe! while i agree that there is a high possibility of extraterrestial life due to the vast size of the universe until i see them i do not believe.

Comment

I experienced sleep paralysis 3 times in one night last year for the first time. I was scared for my life, I seriously thought I was having some kind of stroke or seizure.

I went to work the very next morning pretty shook up, until my coworkers asked what was wrong and I told them about it. To my surprise, they've all experienced it at one point in their lives and a couple of them they go through it quite often.

I was relieved to hear that it was nothing serious and after doing research to confirm, I got some mental peace. I thought something was seriously wrong with me and that I would die.

Comment

Yes i do, all the time

I also see the future in my dreams, seriously

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Yeah, happens when you sleep on your back. Nearly every time I slept on my side, I haven't experienced it. I was awake mentally, I knew where I was but I couldn't breathe I didn't feel any weird dark spirit **** but my breathing stopped and then as soon as I give up trying to breathe it comes back. At one point I was happening a couple of nights in a row and I didn't know wtf was causing it so I checked the internet and found it was due to me sleeping on my back. As soon as I fixed that, it hasn't happened apart from the very rare occasion where I lean over in my sleep and end up on my back for ages. Normally I am on my side or chest down.
              Yeah, I read that. Sleeping on your back causes it. I try sleeping on my stomach, but sometimes I'll roll over on my back subconsciously without noticing. I suppose my body is used to that position of sleep. Apparently, if your very tired that also causes it.
              Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              first time it happened to me it was terrifying. same experience as you did. but mine was footsteps coming towards me then the terror started. i just prayed, it put my mind at ease, it relaxed me then it went away.

i still get em from time to time but i learned how to deal with it by pickin up pointer from this lounge (theres a few sleep paralysis threads here already) and the net.

when i get it i let it ride. struggling and yelling wouldnt help. then if it gets a little too much i try wiggling my toes, thats when you start to regain physical movement then i snap out of it
              True, it's better to just stay calm. Struggling only prolongs it. I'll try wiggling my toes if it happens to me again. Thanks for the tip.
              Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              Its nothing new, people have wrote about this for thousands of years. And yes this has happened to me once, and the same exact thing you mentioned. The evil presence was at the end of the bed and I felt it watching me. Therefore, if the sleep paralysis can be explained away, why does everyone feel this evil presence?
              Yeah, it felt like something was glaring at me. It was probably the scariest experience of my life. I seriously thought I was going to die.

As for the evil presence & everybody experiencing it, maybe it has to do with how the darkness is always associated with evil things. Probably once you're conscious your imaginations starts remembering things from when you were younger & afraid of the dark. Monsters, Ghosts, Demons etc

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
                WOAH! trippy this has actually happened to me 2-3 times and had actually forgotten about it (happened 2/3 times when i slept downstairs on the living room couch) i remember i woke up it was pitch black and i couldnt move no matter how hard i tried something was painfully pinning me down and i did feel something else there with me (an entity of sorts) all i kept tellin my self this is all a dream! and god wouldnt let a demon hurt me! and i snapped out of it (woke up) :/ bad times thanks for reminding me jerk!
                Sorry
                Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                I experienced sleep paralysis 3 times in one night last year for the first time. I was scared for my life, I seriously thought I was having some kind of stroke or seizure.

I went to work the very next morning pretty shook up, until my coworkers asked what was wrong and I told them about it. To my surprise, they've all experienced it at one point in their lives and a couple of them they go through it quite often.

I was relieved to hear that it was nothing serious and after doing research to confirm, I got some mental peace. I thought something was seriously wrong with me and that I would die.
                Yeah I was incredibly relieved when I looked it up to. I thought my house was haunted & the ghost was trying mess with my mind. I'm very glad I was wrong.
                Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Yes i do, all the time

I also see the future in my dreams, seriously
                I dunno about seeing the future, but there have been times where I'll be doing something & I'll get a sense of De Ja Vu & think to myself "Wait, didn't I dream this at somepoint?".

Comment

im actually use it by now. it still scares the **** out of me every once in a while though. anyone else get those nights where it happens 3 or 4 times in a row. you finally break out of one, but your so tired you can feel it pulling u back in over and over.

Comment

it happened to me couple of times before. definitely scary... u want to shout but u couldnt

Comment

This **** doesnt sound natural.. Ive ever experienced it.

You cant move? cant talk? Youre awake and conscious of it? Feels like youre not alone?

Ive definitely heard OF it before, but man... didnt know so many people experience this...

You guys remember anything else during or maybe beforehand?

Comment

Working...
                      X