Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because he's wanted it.

he's got his flaws; and while he's fought his fare share of cans, that isn't unlike other fighters.

but unlike most of the marquee names in the sport, young and not so young, I've yet to see a guy in the sport who's actually had something to lose and still showed he had the hunger to be great fighter the way he has.

he wanted a bradley fight when no one gave a **** about bradley (no one doesn't still) he's fought a very dangerous fighter in maidana, who had a great chance to win because of khan's flaws (unlike other top "prospects" fighting guys a division or smaller to then themselves) he's been talking up about fighting both pacquiao and mayweather, as he's made his way back after the prescott derailing.

if there's a redeeming quality about the guy it's that. he wanted to be great and he tried.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      no he wasn't. it's strange to call getting countered and wobbled dominating but maybe you are using google translate and english isn't your first language?
      You are inaccurate there. Khan won the first 2 and a half rounds. Garcia landed the left hook and changed everything. He wasnt wobbled at all until that left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        when did i say khan has no skill? he has no chin but he has skill. garcia has skill and power unlike maidana who just has power. that's why he was able to ko khan. khan could see all of maidana's punches coming(cept that 1) he kept getting countered by garcia and eventually we know what happened.
        Garcia just swings wild and comes forward. What are you even talking about him having skill. Turning away, closing eyes, swinging for a home run is NOT skill nor is it ever planned. It was a lucky punch. The same way Rasim and Oliver did to Lennox. Only difference is that Khan tried to come back. This whole "chin" thing is blow out of proportion by yall on here. If you going to use stupid chin statements for EVERYTHING to dismiss someone, the use that logic for someone like Roy Jones, or K bros, or Lewis, ect. Yeah he was favorited in those fights, but guess what...thats what happens in boxing. Sometimes the unexpected happen. Especially when you are trying to fight as much as you can, and get the toughest fights that you can. Amir defense is just crap and has hurt his career more than anything else, and Garcia fight was a prime example of someone with his talent, not using his head. IMO, Amir has 2 losses, both by KO, as Peterson was just a joke, and even with points, I still had Amir winning. So, with 2 tough losses for him, will Virgil make his wrongs right? I dont know, but with his potential, yall need to stop sounding like hes 37 and winding down.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Kotelnik beat Maidana too (close fight). Besides, Kev conveniently left out Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah and Peterson on Khan's resume.
          I didn't mention Maidana because it was close, and people always disagree on it, but that's another fight that shows he was no bum.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
            because he's wanted it.

he's got his flaws; and while he's fought his fare share of cans, that isn't unlike other fighters.

but unlike most of the marquee names in the sport, young and not so young, I've yet to see a guy in the sport who's actually had something to lose and still showed he had the hunger to be great fighter the way he has.

he wanted a bradley fight when no one gave a **** about bradley (no one doesn't still) he's fought a very dangerous fighter in maidana, who had a great chance to win because of khan's flaws (unlike other top "prospects" fighting guys a division or smaller to then themselves) he's been talking up about fighting both pacquiao and mayweather, as he's made his way back after the prescott derailing.

if there's a redeeming quality about the guy it's that. he wanted to be great and he tried.
            He's still trying, I don't think the Khan story is over just yet.

Comment

Golden Boy only protects Canelo

Comment

i wouldnt say khan is protected because apart from matthyse,khans fought every1 at 140 khan said after mayweather beat marquez,marquez was offered a fight with khan but he refused and bradley avoided khan like the black plaque,only the haters say khan is a cherry picker,khans ducked no1,canelo is a cherrpicker

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  One viewing of the Breidis Prescott or Willie Limond fights or R.9 of the Maidana fight should have been a decent clue.
                  So you're saying old Erik Morales > Amir Khan?

Comment

Canelo is more valuable because mexican or mexican-american fighters are more marketable in the states, his fanbase could potentially be enormous if they promote him well. There are many people who will tune in regardless of who Canelo fights.

Khan is in a different position, he has to take tough fights in order to attract american viewers.

Comment

Here are Amir Khan's last 10 fights. How much more protection should he have been given? It's not like Golden Boy threw him to the wolves.

Danny Garcia
                      Lamont Peterson
                      Zab Judah
                      Paul McCloskey
                      Marcos Rene Maidana
                      Paul Malignaggi
                      Dmitriy Salita
                      Andriy Kotelnyk
                      Marco Antonio Barrera
                      Oisin Fa.gan

Comment

Working...