Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

All this talk he is a monster & people are ducking him. The best opponent they can find him is Fernando Guerrero?

People are actually saying this is a good fight clearly haven't seen Fernando Guerrero in action. His chin is fcuking embarrassing and he will get knocked out brutally within 4 rounds. I actually think the first time Golovkin lands its likely all over & I'm not joking.

Why don't his team give Mathew Macklin a call? a solid top 10 middleweight who I can only presume will happily give him a fight and will do more for his career than 10 Fernando Guerreros.

Khurtsidze, Adama, Macklin, Lee, anybody but Fernando Guerrero. He is nearly 31. Isn't about time he stepped up? You knock Sergio's opposition, look who this guy has fought. Deontay Wilder of the middleweights.

You are reaching hard.

Comment

They're probably trying to build him up in the public eye first. I mean, his last fight was the first time I had ever seen him or heard his name on this forum.

Comment

proksa isnt a bad fighter so i think oyu are being kind of rough on golovkin, your not all that wrong though and guerrero would be a step in the wrong direction for sure. it isnt a terrible fight though, just not a very good one and a very good stylistic matchup for ggg. like you say guerreros chin is beyond questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
          You are reaching hard.

Why don't you reach hard and answer the question...

Isn't it about time he stepped up and fought somebody moderately capable of putting up a fight?

Comment

I would've been happy with Golovkin facing Marco Rubio...

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              proksa isnt a bad fighter so i think oyu are being kind of rough on golovkin, your not all that wrong though and guerrero would be a step in the wrong direction for sure. it isnt a terrible fight though, just not a very good one and a very good stylistic matchup for ggg. like you say guerreros chin is beyond questionable.

He isn't a bad fighter but like you say Guerrero is a step backwards. I have no faith in his chin, the guy is made for Golovkin. Surely there has to be a better opponent available. Even if its somebody just for their durability like say a Brian Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I would've been happy with Golovkin facing Marco Rubio...

That would of been ideal though I think for some reason Rubio is now operating at super middle, not sure why as he isn't a very big middleweight.

Even that at a 165 catchweight or something I wouldn't grumble about & Rubio would definitely help raise his stock.

Comment

This is spot on.

He's got people thinking he deserves a Martinez fight by doing nothing but beating duds, his best win is against a guy who lost to Kerry Hope ffs.

He's looking for big fights yet isn't fighting any worthwhile names to get there. It's not like he's a youngster that they are trying to build up; time to step the level up, or stop talking about the best fighter in the division. Macklin, Sturm, Chavez, Lee, Pirog...anybody worth a damn really.

Comment

I would have liked him to fight Pirog on Jan 19 2013.

Comment

Working...
                    X