No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Friday Night Fights Results: Howard Wins By KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Friday Night Fights Results: Howard Wins By KO

The televised opener kicked the night off with an explosive early contender for knockout of the year in the Lightweight division. 24-year old Chris Howard (15-2-1, 7 KO), 135 ¼, of Cincinnati, Ohio, used a double jab to distract and a picturesque right hand down the pipe to concuss 31-year old Mongolian Bayan Jargal (17-4-3, 11 KO), 135 ¼, of Arlington, Virginia, in the third round. Jargal, badly dazed, beat the count of ten but could not get his legs steady and referee Danny Schiavone halted the contest at 1:46 of the round. Howard halted a two-fight losing streak after posting an unbeaten mark through his first fifteen fights. It was the first knockout loss of Jargal’s career.

[Click Here To Read More]

Let me climb onto my high horse for a moment and say that ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for airing such a obvious and horrible mismatch.

Comment

This is no where near as bad as seeing a bunch of former Olympians fight hapless guys that when the bell rings you doubt they will never make it halfway through round one and sure enough, they don't make it out of round one. I've seen far worse.

Comment

Tahdooahnippah's corner might as well have stopped the fight during the second round confusion to spare the beating he was taking. Rodriguez was having a field day throwing those rights at him.

Comment

Chris Howard vs Bayan Jargal best fight of the night.
          Last edited by That; 02-15-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

are the bouts over?

Comment

terrible match but espn wqas happy they didn't shell out big $$ 4 this...if Delvin is 2 compete he needs better opponents but he's not world class elite any way 1 looks @ him, so it doesn't matter...he's already set his niche by the announcing work he's getting...

Comment

Working...
              X