No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Cotto has, at least twice. Certain of it, will have to find it. I usually keep photos of unofficial weights but I don't have access to my drive from that far back of recorded fights. I'll try to tap into it and update. Cotto was 155 regularly, and had been 160 at least twice. I believe it was the Torres and Malignaggi fights he was 160 on the dot on the unofficial scales. He was close in the Corley fight to, and about 155 for Bailey. I'll update as I find out. I remember De La Hoya looked pretty damn massive at 140 against Darryl Tyson too.

EDIT - Found his Corley unofficial weight. 157, and found an old Picture I have of him vs Bailey. Already you're seeing Cotto is much bigger on the unofficial scales than today's guys. Still doesn't prove he was 160 in the fights I mentioned though, just gotta take my word for it I guess. Shrug.

""It was more difficult than I had planned, but fortunately we were able to get the win," said Cotto, who weighed 157 on HBO's unofficial scales before the fight, compared with 140 for Corley, thus making this a match between a middleweight and a junior welterweight once the opening bell rang."

This is from 06, found this to be hilarious considering the thread title and the circumstances. Exactly the same, no?

This does nothing but further prove that there is absolutely no way Matthysse weighed 163.5 last night.

So Cotto, a much bigger guy weighed 6.5 lbs less then Matthysse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      This does nothing but further prove that there is absolutely no way Matthysse weighed 163.5 last night.

Edit - Found another one from the drive

Want to hear something strange? Years later, Tszyu and Judah were both 143 unofficially the night of the fight. How do you go from weighign 157 at fight time, to 143? I give up my search, but I'm sure there have been 140lbs fighters who hit 160s out there, unofficially of course. I'd shave 4-5lbs off that naked. Again, I believe Matthysse was probably 157-158 naked which is still strange considering Cotto and Tsyzu were probably weighed in with clothes on as well. Shrug, but who knows? I've posted a HUGE Victor Ortiz only weighing 152 as well, and Maidana only weighing 149. It's a mystery, it really is.

Also keep in mind Chop Chop corley isn't a small man himself and as stated above, was 140 to cottos 157, meaning he didn't hydrate at all, but Chop Chop has also been in the 150s on fight night as well. How does one go form no hydration at all to 10lbs worth? The diet may have a lot to do with it, ya know?

Who knows what's different for Lucas now, maybe he loaded on heavy carbs this times and had a big breakfast as well. Maybe his bowel movement was different, shrug. LOL!
      Last edited by intoccabile; 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Matthyse weighing with clothes while Cotto without any come explain the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          Edit - Found another one from the drive

Want to hear something strange? Years later, Tszyu and Judah were both 143 unofficially the night of the fight. How do you go from weighign 157 at fight time, to 143? I give up my search, but I'm sure there have been 140lbs fighters who hit 160s out there, unofficially of course. I'd shave 4-5lbs off that naked. Again, I believe Matthysse was probably 157-158 naked which is still strange considering Cotto and Tsyzu were probably weighed in with clothes on as well. Shrug, but who knows? I've posted a HUGE Victor Ortiz only weighing 152 as well, and Maidana only weighing 149. It's a mystery, it really is.
          So you couldn't find one. I appreciate the attempt, but....

NEXT.

Comment

• Comment

• So I will extend the challenge out again.

Can someone find another fighter who made the 140 limit that weighed over 160 let alone 163.5?

Not only does Matthysse not pass the eye test and normally weigh's in at low 150's, but as far as I know he is the only guy to make the 140 limit (138.5) and by fight night be 163+. Truly an amazing feat for a guy who looked no physically different then past fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I didn't know 141 was making the 140 limit.

NEXT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Funny you posted this, as I was just looking at Gatti and De La Hoya 140 fights next, since Gatti was always considered huge at the weight.

Comment

NEXT.
                    You're nitpicking.

Comment

NEXT.
                      LOL! Oh come on man, I think you can give a pound, Doktor found one.

Comment

Working...
                      X