Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Hopkins JUST nicking it i believe but both should have been thrown out - Hopkins for being so dull and having such a limited punch output and Calzaghe for being such a messy slap happy buffoon....

Neither guy really deserved to win it but at least Joe Tried to get the work done.

Only watched it once and wont ever rewatch as it sucked balls and life is too short!

Comment

Two ATGs serve-up a piss-poor fight....but Calzaghe won it.

Comment

clear Calzaghe win. Hopkins didn't win more than 3 rounds. He clinched the whole fight and Calzaghe outworked him.
        I have a hard time taking ANYBODY serious who says Hopkins won this fight.

Comment

one last thing: I know how this works with Hopkins fans: they just cannot score a fight against him even if BHop doesn't throw ANY punches. I even know a guy who scored the Hopkins vs Dawson rematch a draw. I mean, are you kidding me?
          These guys have Hopkins 7 points ahead before the first bell rang.
          Last edited by raskat; 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
            Two ATGs serve-up a piss-poor fight....but Calzaghe won it.
            Calzaghe isn't an ATG.

This is supposed to be his best win, and it was a miserably boring split decision.

Comment

over a 43 year old opponent, no less.Thats Klistcho style cherrypicking.

I'd say that neither fighter won that fight, and Calzaghe got the nod for much higher workrate being the fitter man, compared to Bernards zero workrate when he'd gassed out..if one man is throwing and doing no damage and the other is throwing, then the one who is largely missing should get the nod for beingthe aggressor. It was like Bernard wasnt in the ring from round 6 up till the closing stages,he gave away 6 rounds due to being an oldie.

But Bernard was battering Zaghes before that. Joe must have seriously undrestimated Hopkins age, you could see it in his face after the fight, he was so relieved it was over and he was ****scared that he'd lost and was wishing he'd waited another 2 years for Bernard to get even slower - he really thought he had an easy ride going into that fight but grandad BH showed him what actual skill is.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                one last thing: I know how this works with Hopkins fans: they just cannot score a fight against him even if BHop doesn't throw ANY punches. I even know a guy who scored the Hopkins vs Dawson rematch a draw. I mean, are you kidding me?
                These guys have Hopkins 7 points ahead before the first bell rang.
                I'm sure you'll find one bad score amongst fans in any fight. Myself, and I'm sure most all Hopkins fans thought Dawson won clearly.

As far as the Calzaghe fight, I don't know how you win a fight without landing any clean shots. Sure Hopkins was inactive but Calzaghe was missing just about everything he threw whereas hopkins landed most all of the clean effective shots. Joe's dad was telling him he needed a KO to win in the last round.

Anyways, it was a close fight, ugly fight, I thought Hops edged it but judges typically reward volume these days and Hopkins should know that. In the end, I honestly don't think it does anything for either fighter's legacy, no matter who you thought won or lost.
                Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Hopkins couldn't wait to hear the final bell. Couldn't handle joe's pace.

Holding any time he could, making it ugly. Deserved to lose. Hopkins is a very boring fighter , in his prime he was entertaining though.

Comment

Wasn't that boring against Dawson or Pascal. In his whole 46-0 record, does Joe Calzaghe have any good wins or are they all against cans, nobodies or guys past their prime? Just wondering, as I still have his career set to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Wasn't that boring against Dawson or Pascal. In his whole 46-0 record, does Joe Calzaghe have any good wins or are they all against cans, nobodies or guys past their prime? Just wondering, as I still have his career set to watch.
                      The Kessler win was certainly a good one.

Comment

Working...
                      X