Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander Vs. Timothy Bradley II at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only reason for a rematch is because devon looks alot better at 147. but i still wouldnt wanna see a rematch. how about devon vs paulie and timmy vs bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
      Im down for a rematch. I've always said that Devon had a bad night in the first fight. I think he wins the rematch. He looks to be the stronger fighter at147. He cant let Timothy be the aggressor and bully him all night though
      Shoot, Tim was laughing while walking back to his corner after the rounds. Tim will crush him in a rematch....Devon is stronger at 147 but he couldn't hit Bradley with anything.

Comment

Laughing at the people picking Devon.....Bradley took his **** cherry

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
          Against Kotelnik or Matthysse did you see him get repeatedly headbutted?
          ??? And that matter's becuz? My point was that Kotelnik and Matthysse EXPOSED Alexander... Him not getting headbutted in those fights just makes my point that much mire valid... He has no excuse

Do you not think being in a dirty fight would frustrate someone? And how he gave up in the Bradley fight did you see him give up in the Matthysse fight?
          I don't see ur point? Sure being in a dirty fight would frustrate u, but does that mean quit? Ortiz was famous for quitting when it mattered most, and he got frustrated in the Mayweather fight apparently due to dirty tactics from Floyd... Did he quit? No... He tried to break his nose with a headbutt... And Floyd quit after those dirty tactics? No, he... well u know what Floyd did

I don't see ur point

Do you not think that an Alexander who learned from the Bradley loss would want to put up a better performance than the crap one he did in the first one?
          What proof do u have that he learned anything? That's what my point was, duhh

And LOL @ you assuming I think he impressed me with Maidana or me thinking Maidana and Bradley are equal. I guess you do know Boxing and maybe a bit more since you already know my opinions and thoughts and fights that weren't even discussed in this thread. Do you know more things like the color boxers I'm wearing too? Do you know what I'm about to eat as well?
          If u recall, I said "you MAY HAVE been impressed"... That's not an assumption, that is a hypothetical... 2 completely different things

You're wearing blue boxers, and u are about to eat Spaghetti...

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            ??? And that matter's becuz? My point was that Kotelnik and Matthysse EXPOSED Alexander... Him not getting headbutted in those fights just makes my point that much mire valid... He has no excuse
            He was being frustrated with headbutts while losing rounds. He mentally folded and gave up on that fight. Did he not? We are talking about the Bradley fight and expectations of a rematch. This is what this thread is asking. He never gave up once in the Matthysse fight he kept on fighting until it was over. We can't say the same for the Bradley fight now can we?

I don't see ur point? Sure being in a dirty fight would frustrate u, but does that mean quit? Ortiz was famous for quitting when it mattered most, and he got frustrated in the Mayweather fight apparently due to dirty tactics from Floyd... Did he quit? No... He tried to break his nose with a headbutt... And Floyd quit after those dirty tactics? No, he... well u know what Floyd did

I don't see ur point
            Not everyone quits in every situation but in this one we saw it happen. What Ortiz does and is famous for has no point in our discussion. Is Ortiz and Alexander the same fighter? Does every fighter react the same way to certain situations? I don't see your point in bringing that up. I have always talked about Devon Alexander and Devon Alexander only (in this thread). His reactions and mental strength should not be compared to other fighters.

What proof do u have that he learned anything? That's what my point was, duhh
            Interviews. I have heard him and Cunningham say they would do things differently (obviously) if they had a rematch and they learned from it. I'm not sure what interviews exactly but perhaps any lengthy interviews obviously after the Bradley fight. The Matthysse fight is bit of evidence of it. You said Alexander was exposed by Bradley. He ended up quitting. He was in a tough fight right after it against Lucas Matthysse and arguably could have been losing as well. Did he fold and quit there as well? I guess that's where the headbutts play into it as well.

If u recall, I said "you MAY HAVE been impressed"... That's not an assumption, that is a hypothetical... 2 completely different things

You're wearing blue boxers, and u are about to eat Spaghetti...
            I am sorry for saying that then. I thought you were hinting that I was easily fooled by Alexander's performance against Marcos Maidana. Also look at my original comment in this thread. I said a rematch would be more competitive than before I did not say I thought Alexander would beat him.

And that's pretty creppy. I am wearing blue boxers and I ate Lasagna. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X