Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley/JMM would be a nice scalp to have if he dominates Rios

Comment

It's funny how boxing works....especially that we are even having this conversation.

I was at the Clottey vs Pacquiao fight in Cowboys stadium and was talking to another Pacquiao fan. I asked him what fighter he would most like to see Manny face in the future, and he said Gamboa.

I thought the guy was delusional and that a fight like that would never happen, but If Gamboa does beat Rios and gets another great win after, then that fight will definitely happen.

The same thing happened with Pacquiao vs Margarito. Right after Margarito beat Cotto, Manny called out Tony and most thought he was crazy for even wanting a fight like that, and that it would never happen.

Boxing is a sport where we are just two big wins away from seeing fantasy fight become a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I say Arum immediately makes Gamboa vs Pacquiao at a catchweight of somewhere around 142-144, not at 140 even though in that new article Arum says Pac is barely 140lbs and has to eat a lot for 144. That was not the case for the Marquez fight at WW. Pac will want the advantage and ask for the fight to be above 140. Still a very good fight that I would love to see regardless the weight, it would just be a fun fight while it lasts. And we can also possibly get Mayweather-Martinez while Pac-Gamboa is happening.

This scenario that I stated is of course if Mayweather-Pacquiao keeps falling through.

The next 3 fights I want to see May and Pac in if it's not vs eachother.

Pac: Bradley June 9th, Gamboa if he wins November, Marquez IV

Mayweather: Canelo, Martinez, ???Don't know.
        yeah why not, gamboa hasn't got a fight signed and neither has pacquiao...
        i'm sure freddie's mind is whirring away figuring out how high a weight they could get away with and justify still.

Comment

Working...
        X