Floyd Mayweather: Amir Khan must face Jessie Vargas before he fights me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather: Amir Khan must face Jessie Vargas before he fights me

By Tommy Allan

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has opened the door for Amir Khan to meet him in a potential super fight down the road. Junior was quoted as saying a couple of weeks ago that Khan was not a big enough draw to meet him but has since changed his tune as long as his charge, Jessie Vargas, gets a shot at Khan first.

“Amir Khan can fight Floyd Mayweather but he must go through Jessie Vargas first. You know, you gotta take certain steps to get to Floyd Mayweather and if Amir Khan can get past Jessie Vargas do we have a fight with Floyd Mayweather? Absolutely!”

A Khan-Vargas fight would seem very unlikely to happen with Khan now targeting the elite fighters at 140lbs and 147lbs but with the Mayweather carrot being dangled infront of Khan, it may just be a possibility.

Why cant he just fight without making demands?

Comment

This is old news ....................

Comment

Just helping his stable mate out I suppose. And I guess he thinks it fun having that sort of power of fighters, its a little childish but everyone out there wants a piece of the Mayweather / PAC lottery

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
          This is old news ....................
          Quote taken from yesterdays media day. He said this a few weeks ago then turned around and said Khan wasn't a draw. Now he's back using this excuse again.

Comment

Not going to happen. Khan vs Jessie Who?

Comment

Originally posted by El Tommo View Post

Name ONE PRIZE fighter in HISTORY that fought WITHOUT making demands.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tommo View Post
                He's trying to create an opportunity for one of the fighters he promotes and is helping GBP get Khan get his name value up so floyd makes more money fighting him. STop b!tching, take a step back, and think.

Comment

LOL at an excuse to "duck" Amir Khan. Amir Khan. And I like Amir Khan but you guys really need to quit it talking about this fight. Especially with Floyd is ducking Khan talk. Amir Khan....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    He's trying to create an opportunity for one of the fighters he promotes and is helping GBP get Khan get his name value up so floyd makes more money fighting him. STop b!tching, take a step back, and think.
                    Nope! He is a fraud..who is he to make a demand?! I mean, what prize fighter makes demands!

Comment

Working...
                    X