No announcement yet.

body punchers as power punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body punchers as power punchers

a few years ago i saw a fight in which the announcers said that there are some fighters that are only big punchers when they punch to the body but not when they bring that same punch to the head how can someone be a big puncher to the body but not to the head

for example miguel cotto had the left hook to body and could knock you out with it but now if he threw it to the head

and manny pacquiao could knock you with a head shot but i have never seen him ever hurt anybody badly to the head

watch my avi, you might just learn somethin'

Comment

PAC hurt cotto and Marg bad to the body

Marg in the 4th round I think and cotto In the 9th at the 1:45 second mark, both were brutal.

It seems that fighters don't get credit for body punching anymore, look at paulie-cano.
      Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day when posting about ___(a current fighter, but argggh I can't remember now!). But yea there are some guys out there like that.

BTW I think Pac was a very sharp body puncher, he just didn't always come around the sides. He hurt Morales, Diaz, Oscar, and the others mentioned plenty of times.
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          he also caught bradley with a big body punch when he had him pinned in the corner...

pac also brutalized this guy with body punches....

that was vicious.

Comment

PAC also hurt Erik to the body in the very first round of the first fight. Lol do ppl even watch Boxing anymore?

Comment

It's to do with how much torque you can get on the punch, it can depend on your build.

For example - it's not just head and body shots, you can break it down even further - like someone's straight right hand is stronger than their straight left, the left hook to the body is more powerful than the right hook to the body.. the uppercut is more powerful than the hook.. etc.. different boxers can throw punches at varying degrees of power - whether it's head or body shots, the power isn't always the same across the entire spectrum of available shots. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses in different places.

Comment

Working...
              X