Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the UFC's popularity gonna SkyRocket to mainstream or remain as is??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it will ever be mainstream in the UK. It's not viewed any more seriously than WWE. Popularity wise I think it peaked a few years ago.

Comment

I think the popularity has peaked...

It just doesn't have the class that a sport (any sport) needs.

I'm sorry but the whole Dana White persona, with his cussin' and talking...him being the president...And the whole organization of this thing called UFC, with its stupid TUF series...President? Why does this thing need a president and why is he on TV all the time?

It's all very fabricated.....it has that plastic feel......those corny commentators who feel the need to yell all the time spewing nonsense.

Even in Canada, the "mecca" of MMA, the TV shows on MMA here...they are just corny...Stupid Tshirts these guys wear...the whole style is just lacking...

It has angry teenager appeal...

I love fighting, be it MMA or Boxing....but MMA needs to change its image.

It used to be angry drunk college white boys, now its that + some others.

The way it is now, MMA has a very limited appeal, and who ever is into it now is bound to eventually grow out of it...

Comment

well its pretty clear to those of us who don't drink haterade that UFC is gonna be a worldwide phenomenon in the next 5-6 years or so if they continue what they're doing right now.

Comment

Nope. Horrible long term business model, and nothing appealing to anyone outside the 18-24 demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
            Nope. Horrible long term business model, and nothing appealing to anyone outside the 18-24 demographic.
            How exactly is their business model horrible when their profits in 2011 are up 33% from 2010???

Comment

i thnk it will maintain its slow chug uphill but always rise.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                How exactly is their business model horrible when their profits in 2011 are up 33% from 2010???
                33%? FROM 2010???? Lmaoooo. Good one man. Your average idiot would of probably believed you.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                  Zombies everywhere will agree with you.

Everyone else with a brain is shaking their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                    I don't think it will ever be mainstream in the UK. It's not viewed any more seriously than WWE. Popularity wise I think it peaked a few years ago.
                    The UK is a big boxing country. Khan has huge appeal in the UK and Haye is pretty known now as well. This being said, MMA is growing..more MMA clubs and less boxing clubs being frequented. At least in Birmingham....

MMA is growing without a doubt, it has declined in countries like Japan with the fall of Pride but on the grand scheme of things imo it is definetely growing...though it has stalled a bit in the states. In Sweden their upcoming event sold out in 3 hours. They are moving globally now, with Japan and Brazil done, Sweden and another event in Brazil, Macau AND India and Korea events coming very soon. They are trying to make it into a sport like Boxing accepted throughout the world i.e. in the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                    X