Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescott Clearly beat McCloskey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh it was definitely a robbery these string of robberies have gotten outrageous of late.
    Everybody goes ape shiet when an American gets a favorable decision but when a bum like McCloskey gets an undeserved win where is the criticism?

The fight was at worst a draw, and rightfully a Prescott win.

Comment

I wanna know where did McCloskey win 7 rounds, certainly wasn't against Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I just watched it and can't see how McCloskey won more than 4 rounds and was put down too early, clear jobbing here but I guess now Khan can keep trying to justify his ducking of Presoctt.
        i had it prescott 115-112. tho i thought the first round KD could have been called either way, you had to score it a KD because thats what ref called it.

evidently some of the cornponed local yokal judges got creative with their scoring.

fooley cooley your name explains your ditsyness palimo!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          Oh it was definitely a robbery these string of robberies have gotten outrageous of late.
          Everybody goes ape shiet when an American gets a favorable decision but when a bum like McCloskey gets an undeserved win where is the criticism?

The fight was at worst a draw, and rightfully a Prescott win.
          I thought the scorecards were pretty consistent... for a robbery.

Saw the fight, couldn't really find a winner in that ring.

Prescott was throwing those jabs with single digit accuracy, and whatever landed sure didn't seem to bother Mccloskey enough. On the other hand, Mccloskey blocked with his head, shoulder rolled like an amateur and overall didn't look great, although his body shots found his mark. I dunno, honestly, neither the loser nor the winner greatly increased their stock with that fight.
          Maidana would smash them both.

Comment

Prescott was clever in his tactics. McCloskey is much more comfortable with opponents coming forward so he can counter them. Prescott forced McCloskey to come forwards so Prescott could catch him coming in, making his jab a harder punch than it really is. McCloskey was not comfortable throwing punches coming forwards, and at times looked terrible lunging in.

Either that or McCloskey is so damn good he can keep his opponent on the ropes and corner him without throwing any punches.

Comment

Working...
            X