No announcement yet.

35 years old. 1 year out. 3 Months in Prison. Floyd deserves a tune up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masinhi View Post
    So you mean to tell me someone who was locked up for 3 months dont need a tune up?
    He's been out a long ass time now. Laying on his bed eating crackers while watching tv might not be ideal for an athlete, but lets not pretend he's done hard time.

Comment

Im just saying... Floyd might be undefeated but he is still human. He deserves a tune up after the year he has had and his age. If he picks another B level opponent in September then you guys can start complaining.......
      So if it's officially a tune-up why do we have to pay for it! I subscribe to HBO why can't that be enough money?? This is not PPV worthy once so ever! PPV is for a fight people want to see. He thinks this is the 90's when we had no other choice! Now we can watch what we want and we can stream and download! No need at all to pay for this!

Comment

Then fight on regular HBO and get $7m purse

Comment

Im just saying... Floyd might be undefeated but he is still human. He deserves a tune up after the year he has had and his age. If he picks another B level opponent in September then you guys can start complaining.......
          Floyd chooses to fight once a year, so no, **** no! He does not deserve a tune up and even if he did, he shouldnt be fighting 'tune ups' as an expensive main event on PPV.

Floyd's whole comeback(lol) has been one long wind up.....sorry, tune up.

Comment

This fight should be regular HBO, nothing less and nothing more!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Floyd chooses to fight once a year, so no, **** no! He does not deserve a tune up and even if he did, he shouldnt be fighting 'tune ups' as an expensive main event on PPV.

Floyd's whole comeback(lol) has been one long wind up.....sorry, tune up.
              I don't like the Alexander fight, but I gotta ask you one question.

You once stated the run that Sergio has been on, has been tough and he deserves a Murray type fight right now, his last 4 fights have been Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, and Chavez, and you praised that.

Yet you call beating Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto when he did glorified tune ups for Floyd??? Double standard there. Those 4 wins at those times s**t all over Sergio's last 4 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I don't like the Alexander fight, but I gotta ask you one question.

You once stated the run that Sergio has been on, has been tough and he deserves a Murray type fight right now, his last 4 fights have been Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, and Chavez, and you praised that.

Yet you call beating Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto when he did glorified tune ups for Floyd??? Double standard there. Those 4 wins at those times s**t all over Sergio's last 4 wins.
                I re evaluated my opinion about Serg's run, but you need to look past names on floyd's comeback and look at those fights as they really were - not that good. Still, you probably love the thought of Floyd v Alexander or predictably will try and stand up for it. Standard stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  I re evaluated my opinion about Serg's run, but you need to look past names on floyd's comeback and look at those fights as they really were - not that good. Still, you probably love the thought of Floyd v Alexander or predictably will try and stand up for it. Standard stuff.
                  I said I don't like the Alexander fight.................................

Marquez wasn't good at the time, looking back....it's really not a bad win now.

Mosley was the fight EVERYONE wanted to see after Manny refused the testing cutoff, EVERYONE wanted that. You can't knock that, when EVERYONE wanted it.

Ortiz was the #2 WW at the time, and coming off what should have been a W over Peterson and over Berto, which at the time was pretty good. He was the best option at the time aside from Pacquiao.

And Cotto was a guy Floyd needed on his resume, and was still seen as a top fighter at the time of that fight. He was also the best guy available aside from Manny at the time.

Alexander isn't that. Guerrero is the best fight Floyd can take at 147 right now.

Comment

but look at his last two "tune-ups"...he was also 30+ and fought Marquez after a nearly 2 year layoff...and in 2011 Victor Ortiz who was in the Ring Magazine fight of the year 2011 + is a strong guy with a good KO ratio who would have at least a punchers chance...Guerrero is no elite but he had 2 great wins and is there to fight and would stand in front of Floyd 12 full rounds...Alexander is just trash...he is good no doubt but not nearly better than Floyd...also featherfited...i mean if Guerrero and Ortiz were/are a 10% threat to Floyd then Alexander is a 1,5% threat to him...the only way i would enjoy this fight is if i had the guarantee that Floyd will knock this guy out real bad...but i guess it will just end in a 12 round snoozefest with not even blood involved...
                    Last edited by WesleySnipes; 02-06-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

dissappointed...

OK, true Floyd deserves a tuneup at his age and coming out of "jail" (not Prison Big Difference) but I think what most of us boxing fans are just dissappointed in the selection. I think most can agree that Devon is a talented fighter "but" he is not exciting to watch at all. Floyd fights are exciting because he normally chooses opponents that engage and it brings the whole cat and mouse aspect out of boxing. Sort of like Tom and Jerry, we all want the cat to catch the mouse but it dont happen but we all hope for that day. With Alexander we dont get that excitement, there will never be a point in the fight where you are going to say, just what if Devon gets that lucky punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X