No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: USADA Responds: There is No Bias Against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: USADA Responds: There is No Bias Against Pacquiao

USADA's zealot bossman, the lawyer Travis Tygart, is on a summer vacation but I was able to speak at length with the drug testing agency's media relations manager, Annie Skinner, twice on Monday concerning Manny Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum's proclamation that his side will accept fully random blood testing for a possible mega-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. - if WADA, the world anti-doping organization handles it.

[Click Here To Read More]

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1Rq0ozMM5
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

She said that perhaps Arum has a misperception of how WADA operates, explaining "does not do any actual testing, they do not have the infrastructure to do that. You take (world soccer body) FIFA, the Swimming Federation and others...they are all signatories to WADA. What WADA does is contract out (the testing) to recognized doping control agencies in the different countries."

I asked Skinner if hypothetically a third party doping control laboratory or organization might be agreed to, thus overcoming Team Pacquiao's objections to USADA, which Arum branded as "not neutral" in this matter.

"No other organization in the US does the type of gold standard testing that that we do. Personally, at least, I've never heard of any third party organization that performs the WADA approved standards to the same degree that we do," Skinner said.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Top prank and the juicehead owned again

Comment

These guys will "randomly" test pacquiao 3x times on fight day

Comment

"No other organization in the US does the type of gold standard testing that that we do. Personally, at least, I've never heard of any third party organization that performs the WADA approved standards to the same degree that we do,"
            I don't think that Bob Arum really thinks that the USADA is biased toward Mayweather. I just think that they don't want to be "bullied" by Mayweather with Arum being a man of immense pride, and Pacquiao being a man of honor.

I was excited when I heard that Arum would use the WADA for unlimited blood testing. However, the above quote casts doubt on the potential of the fight being made (yet again).

I can see the Mayweather camp not accepting anything but USADA because of what is highlighted in the quote.

Here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
              Top prank and the juicehead owned again
              Yeah right.

Comment

Tygart starting 'vacation' season off early this year, already setting the pace

And there's plenty of agencies that can handle the testing with WADA oversight. But I guess the self-proclaimed gold standard organization wants that Floyd Mayweather Boxing Association check that they've been eating off of lately.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  USADA's zealot bossman, the lawyer Travis Tygart, is on a summer vacation but I was able to speak at length with the drug testing agency's media relations manager, Annie Skinner, twice on Monday concerning Manny Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum's proclamation that his side will accept fully random blood testing for a possible mega-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. - if WADA, the world anti-doping organization handles it.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  Last edited by Evil Abed; 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                    These guys will "randomly" test pacquiao 3x times on fight day
                    No, they won't.

Comment

Working...
                    X