Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Sergio Martinez really done to impress all of you so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
    I'm not criticizing Martinez, and I think he is a good champion, but what impressive victories does he have that has caused so many people to rate him so high.

I know the Williams knockout was impressive, his win against Kelly Pavlik was ok I guess.

But what else, what I'm I missing?
    Been saying the same thing for a while.

Comment

He is an alpha dog, unlike floyd who is a gorilla dog.

Comment

martinez to me has not fought enough top opp hes a top fighter but to me he is nothing special thats just my opinion i dont wanna start no bull**** confrontations

Comment

If Floyd or Pac destroyed bigger guys like Williams, Chavez and Pavlik then theyd get a tonne of credit. Only fair Sergio does when hes the guys thats scoring most Ko's these days

Comment

He hasn't beaten any of the 'real' top 7-8 guys, out of Junior, who is a fraud. Just check it out from boxrec if you don't believe me. He hasn't fought Geale, Quillin, Golovkin, Sturm, Pirog. Yet he is calling out the smaller money-stars such as Mayweather, like he would all of a sudden somehow deserve that fight after beating Junior. No offence to the fans of these guys: Williams, Pavlik, Macklin, but they are not that good fighters.

Comment

what has he done to impress us? taking out all his opponents at 160 with style. good on the mic, charisma, natural athlete, hungry, skillful, has power and speed, and WANTS the big fights, wont duck anyone. what else do you want?

Comment

Well he ended Paul Williams career,Beat pavlik till he had a bloody mask on and snatched the linear mw title,Beat Chavez like the bum he is and snatched his 0,Ko'd everyone else he fought at MW....what else do you want him to do Fly?

Comment

Oh and did i mention he is 37 years old and still kicking ass and taking names?

Comment

I liked him until he fought Darren Barker and in turn gave birth to one of the biggest cherry picks of all time from a Top 3 P4P fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I liked him until he fought Darren Barker and in turn gave birth to one of the biggest cherry picks of all time from a Top 3 P4P fighter.
                      I dont know man Manny fighting Margo(hadnt won a meanigful fight in 2 years and Shane(coming off of a loss and a draw) was pretty damn bad

Comment

Working...
                      X