Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacman vs. Black Superman bet . . . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman vs. Black Superman bet . . . . .

I'm betting 4,000 points for Manny Pacquiao to beat St, Claire. Straight bet no odds . . . . U.D., K.O. or T.K.O it doesn't matter just plain WIN or LOOSE . . . any takers?

Now friends this is my way of having fun . . . I don't care if I lose all my points it's not real money . . . right?

lol who would take St.Clair? I woulnd't bet though, it's like a curse eveyrtime I bet. I lose no matter how sure the win is.

Comment

HA. . . HA . . . HA . . . well I know there Pac haters here so they better put their "points" where they mouth and heart is . . . to tell you frankly this is going to be my first bet. I have never bet before because I don't gamble. This is the extra feature that I like in this site you can earn points while enjoying posting and you got to play with these points on "FANTASY BETTING".

Hey I firmly believe that St. Claire will give Manny a real hard fight. He is not well known simply because he is not being promoted by a named promoter.

Comment

St Claire is a filler for the Pacman. If Manny takes him lightly, he can spring an upset. I'm for Manny though so no bets.

Comment

Originally posted by Epie2
          St Claire is a filler for the Pacman. If Manny takes him lightly, he can spring an upset. I'm for Manny though so no bets.

Upset? I agree . . . St Claire is no push over . . . so Manny better prepare well for this one . . . or he can be the next on the upset list of '04. The year is not over yet .

Comment

He better damn well prepare and not consider this guy a pushover or be cocky like when he faced that (no way can spell name) guy that knocked him down in 4th rd after Manny got cocky and careless and let down his guard. Of course Manny came back next Rd to knock him down and out twice. From what I hear this guy has never been KNOCKED DOWN. He's gone the distance with Corrales among many other well knowns. He's a regular sparring partner of Kostya who is a crazy hard hitter. I'm sure he can take a punch well. He's also very crafty and may pose some trouble. I'd take Manny just cause I want him to win though I wouldn't bet on either since it's a hard call. This guy has a chance to get lucky though doesn't have many wins via KO, so I imagine his craftyness has gotten him through tough fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman
              He better damn well prepare and not consider this guy a pushover or be cocky like when he faced that (no way can spell name) guy that knocked him down in 4th rd after Manny got cocky and careless and let down his guard. Of course Manny came back next Rd to knock him down and out twice. From what I hear this guy has never been KNOCKED DOWN. He's gone the distance with Corrales among many other well knowns. He's a regular sparring partner of Kostya who is a crazy hard hitter. I'm sure he can take a punch well. He's also very crafty and may pose some trouble. I'd take Manny just cause I want him to win though I wouldn't bet on either since it's a hard call. This guy has a chance to get lucky though doesn't have many wins via KO, so I imagine his craftyness has gotten him through tough fights.
              LoL Yeshimengatov lol close enough

A lot has changed though I think, in trems of style, atatck and defence. Although I think some of vintage Pac will resurface in this fight considering it'll be in front of his home crowd.

Comment

I haven't seen this St. Clair fella fight, but from what I can see in his record, he has to be an energizer bunny with a durable chin who swarms over his opponents. His KO rate means, to me, that he doesn't have a single power punch, so, he must have KO'd those guys by just wading through (he has to because he's short at 5'4) and swamping them with all the punches he has learned and some he doesn't know. Those are the up-side for him that I can think of.

The down-side is that he doesn't have the puncher's chance.

But the question that nags me is, if he just simply wades in, then he must have been hit so many times in those meetings with Corrales, VHarris and Dorin. Why wasn't any of those fights stopped on the basis of his having been totally outpunched and outclassed? The refs in those fights must have known about his KO record; that he has little chance of a lucky whammy. If not, then those refs must have seen in the course of those fights that St. Clair doesn't carry a puncher's chance. Why did they allow all those fights go the full route? All of 'em love watching a little guy being slaughtered?! Perhaps not.

St. Clair fights off an orthodox stance; southpaws are often the ones called awkward and tough to fight. Is St. Clair an awkward orthodox fighter and difficult to hit? Could it be that even Corrales, VHarris and Dorin had a hard time finding the target? Just asking.

Anyway, yes, Manny would be a fool to take this guy lightly. This St. Clair has lost only to big fellas and all soon-to-be champions when he faced them. In each of those losses, St. Clair gave a good account of himself.

Yet, given all that, it seems to me that St. Clair has but little chance of winning the Pac fight on his own; he could win, but only if Manny lets him.

Manny may not only be dealing with St. Clair; he could also be dealing with himself, fight night. The last one is the bigger danger: Manny could damage his hand if he looks for an early knockout; he could be looking for that fleeting moment when the veteran St. Clair would present an opening while in the meantime allow St. Clair to pile up points; he could be pandering to the hometown crowd and be less focused... lots of things Manny should be wary of...things that Manny can prevent from happenning if he won't let them happen. The local fans may also help by not putting too much pressure on their idol; shouting for a knockout or any form of dramatic finish may take Manny out of the zone. After all, although this could be one of the biggest sporting events in recent years in Manila, it should not be forgotten by them that Manny has bigger fish to fry.
                Last edited by grayfist; 10-11-2004, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grayfist
                  I haven't seen this St. Clair fella fight, but from what I can see in his record, he has to be an energizer bunny with a durable chin who swarms over his opponents. His KO rate means, to me, that he doesn't have a single power punch, so, he must have KO'd those guys by just wading through (he has to because he's short at 5'4) and swamping them with all the punches he has learned and some he doesn't know. Those are the up-side for him that I can think of.

The down-side is that he doesn't have the puncher's chance.

But the question that nags me is, if he just simply wades in, then he must have been hit so many times in those meetings with Corrales, VHarris and Dorin. Why wasn't any of those fights stopped on the basis of his having been totally outpunched and outclassed? The refs in those fights must have known about his KO record; that he has little chance of a lucky whammy. If not, then those refs must have seen in the course of those fights that St. Clair doesn't carry a puncher's chance. Why did they allow all those fights go the full route? All of 'em love watching a little guy being slaughtered?! Perhaps not.

St. Clair fights off an orthodox stance; southpaws are often the ones called awkward and tough to fight. Is St. Clair an awkward orthodox fighter and difficult to hit? Could it be that even Corrales, VHarris and Dorin had a hard time finding the target? Just asking.

Anyway, yes, Manny would be a fool to take this guy lightly. This St. Clair has lost only to big fellas and all soon-to-be champions when he faced them. In each of those losses, St. Clair gave a good account of himself.

Yet, given all that, it seems to me that St. Clair has but little chance of winning the Pac fight on his own; he could win, but only if Manny lets him.

Manny may not only be dealing with St. Clair; he could also be dealing with himself, fight night. The last one is the bigger danger: Manny could damage his hand if he looks for an early knockout; he could be looking for that fleeting moment when the veteran St. Clair would present an opening while in the meantime allow St. Clair to pile up points; he could be pandering to the hometown crowd and be less focused... lots of things Manny should be wary of...things that Manny can prevent from happenning if he won't let them happen. The local fans may also help by not putting too much pressure on their idol; shouting for a knockout or any form of dramatic finish may take Manny out of the zone. After all, although this could be one of the biggest sporting events in recent years in Manila, it should not be forgotten by them that Manny has bigger fish to fry.

Bro this will show how mature as a fighter Manny really is . . . loosing that fight because of any distraction will be fatal in his career . . . I hope he realizes that.

Comment

Originally posted by pso_junior
                    Bro this will show how mature as a fighter Manny really is . . . loosing that fight because of any distraction will be fatal in his career . . . I hope he realizes that.
                    I share your hope, pal. If he doesn't realize that yet, I hope someone would make him...fast. As far as maturity goes, he's one of the top ten fighters in the world in many lists, so, he should show maturity. It's an important facet of being P4P...
                    Last edited by grayfist; 10-11-2004, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X