Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear these threads are just getting dumber ....

Alvarez toyed with Gomez all night ..... stoppage was in part of how Gomez was receiving bombs. Throughout the fight ........

Its crazy how now we have delusional fans that make things up n and post misleading threads ....

Noobs smh............... I thinks they're undercover mma fans trying to discredit all up n coming boxers lmaooooo......

Da kids fawking 21 not even fully developed yet but yet u bastards stalk him and do nothing but hate ..
    Last edited by FirePunch; 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
      Damn you guys really hate this guy don't you? I think Canelo has some amazing talent, can't wait to see how he can develop further.
      Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      You ask for too much from fighters.

Rhodes, Gomez, and Cintron are all solid opponents for a TWENTY ONE YEAR OLD.
      I don't care how old he is. He's ranked as the number what... 2 JMW in the world? They have him up there for 1 of 2 reasons. His ability as a boxer or his popularity... and I think it's the latter.
      I'm not pointing him out because I hate him though... Vanes doesn't deserve to be number 3 either.
      If he's going to be ranked as number 2 and praised as one of the best JMW's and boxers in the world... at least prove why.

Comment

So you had him winning the round he got knocked down in?
        I forgot about the knockdown.

Besides that, yes I had Gomez winning.

I felt he was the busier fighter. Canelo was doing nothing more than eating punches before the early stoppage.

Comment

So you feel Canelo is the best right now? And that's why he has to fight the best?

He's green as hell, what the hell is your problem. "The best", lol. Oh man.
          Why you protecting this kid for?

I think hes a top contender for sure. But we'll never know if hes the best if he never fights the best.

I dont give a shiet how old he is, unless hes under 18 his fullframed body is fully matured. If he has a belt then yes he should be considered one of the ebst in his division, but he hasnt even fought a top 10 yet in his entire career and he has a belt? And he calls out the P4P best 1 weightclass under?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I don't care how old he is. He's ranked as the number what... 2 JMW in the world? They have him up there for 1 of 2 reasons. His ability as a boxer or his popularity... and I think it's the latter.
            I'm not pointing him out because I hate him though... Vanes doesn't deserve to be number 3 either.
            If he's going to be ranked as number 2 and praised as one of the best JMW's and boxers in the world... at least prove why.
            So you believe he's not really good and it's just because of his popularity, so why you want him to fight the best? You believe he's not one of the best, that he's just popular. So he's green, why not let him develop more and then fight the best little by little. What is the difference between Cotto vs Mayorga/Foreman, and Canelo vs Cintron/Rhodes? Neither of them are exactly beating the best, yet they're the #1 and #2...but Cotto gets a pass over a 21-22 year old.

Did you know he was number 8-10 when he fought #4 ranked Ryan Rhodes, right?

Comment

Gomez wasn't doing too badly but not enough and it was a quick stoppage, now its what 4 questionable stoppages I have seen Canelo get.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I felt he was the busier fighter. Canelo was doing nothing more than eating punches before the early stoppage.
                He wasn't eating anything at all. How many clean punches did Gomez really land? What I saw was Canelo playing around, using his shoulder roll, calming down after the KD once he saw he can hurt the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                  I swear these threads are just getting dumber ....

Alvarez toyed with Gomez all night ..... stoppage was in part of how Gomez was receiving bombs. Throughout the fight ........

Its crazy how now we have delusional fans that make things up n and post misleading threads ....

Noobs smh............... I thinks they're undercover mma fans trying to discredit all up n coming boxers lmaooooo......

Da kids fawking 21 not even fully developed yet but yet u bastards stalk him and do nothing but hate ..
                  **** man, its like some of these people dont watch boxing. Canelo toyed with that kid to get rounds in and test his ****ty shoulder roll. He coulda taken Gomez out in 30seconds.

These same idiots also thought that Broner was struggling in round 2 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Lol u just got owned baddddddddd. See how u just talk out your butt

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                      Why you protecting this kid for?

I think hes a top contender for sure. But we'll never know if hes the best if he never fights the best.

I dont give a shiet how old he is, unless hes under 18 his fullframed body is fully matured. If he has a belt then yes he should be considered one of the ebst in his division, but he hasnt even fought a top 10 yet in his entire career and he has a belt? And he calls out the P4P best 1 weightclass under?
                      I am not even a Canelo fan. These kinds of threads are stupid.

See for example, "he hasn't fought a top 10 yet in his entire career", yet Ryan Rhodes was ranked #4 by The Ring and Canelo shut him out.

Like, you don't even know what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X