Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was faster... hector camacho sr. or meldrick taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was faster... hector camacho sr. or meldrick taylor?

...and who will win in a fight @ say, 140??

well historians?

Taylor by a longshot in both categories. Macho wouldn't throw 10 punch combinations in 2 seconds...

Comment

I'd say Taylor was faster, I'd also pick him to win.

Comment

At 140, Taylor. Camacho wasn't the same fighter nor quite as blazing fast as he had once been.

Not sure about the Camacho of earlier though, against the likes of Limon and Sato. Of course Hector was two divisions smaller so it's not the most fair comparison.

Comment

Nobody could run as fast as Camacho ! But seriously, it's an easy win for Taylor who got hurt badly by a warrior "Chavez" not a runner...

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
            Nobody could run as fast as Camacho ! But seriously, it's an easy win for Taylor who got hurt badly by a warrior "Chavez" not a runner...
            "Nobody could run as fast as Camacho?" You must of missed the delahoja vs. TITO fight!!!

Comment

Camacho had the faster feet, he could get behind a guy in an instant without them even knowing what happened. Taylor had faster hands.

Comment

Speed could be broken into catagories. Taylor had great hand speed, faster than Camacho, even Camacho was fighting at super featherweight. Camacho had foot speed, and had much better foot speed than Meldrick.

Had they met at Lightweight when Meldrick was young, Camacho would have been my favorite, it was the last weight Camacho really excelled at and Meldrick was better at lightwelterweight and welter. He would have the edge in my book at those weights. There was a time when they shared a common opponent early but Meldrick was young and green when he faced Howard Davis. I didn't consider the Chavez or Haugen fights as a good measuring sticks because Camacho was burnt out from the night life by the time he fought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                  Camacho had the faster feet, he could get behind a guy in an instant without them even knowing what happened. Taylor had faster hands.
                  LOL I read your post after I answered, good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    Well, Camacho WAS a faster runner.....

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X