No announcement yet.

Rousey vs. Carmouch set to main even UFC 157

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rousey vs. Carmouch set to main even UFC 157

Ronda Rousey has signed a contract to fight in the MAIN EVENT at UFC 157 in February ... the first ever female fight in UFC history ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us the 25-year-old Olympic medalist will step in the ring with 28-year-old Liz Carmouche ... a highly-ranked MMA badass who served in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Rousey was named UFC champion (female 135 lbs division) when she signed with the organization -- and her belt will be up for grabs
    TMZ.

Confirmed by UFC...

What a joke of a 'main event'. Another easy win for Rousey. At least Henderson and Machida are slated to fight on the card though (in the actual main event).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      What a joke of a 'main event'. Another easy win for Rousey. At least Henderson and Machida are slated to fight on the card though (in the actual main event).
      According to Dana, nobody else wanted to fight her. Cyborg and Tate turned the fight down...

Comment

joke of a fight, dana shoulda forced rousey to move up and face santos now thats a fight worth main eventing

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          According to Dana, nobody else wanted to fight her. Cyborg and Tate turned the fight down...
          I guess my post just flew right over your head.

I didn't even mention the match making.

But yeah, this fight is PPV main event material. Forget Henderson-Machida.

Just another ridiculous marketing ploy by the incompetent people at Zuffa.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            what about Marloes Coenen? she beat Carmouche.

either way its a sucky main event.

the only women's fight that deserves main event status to me would be Rousey vs Carano.

I don't know why the UFC doesn't just create another org called WFC(women's fighting championship) or something. Just like the wnba to the nba.

This is gonna water down the product big time.
            Last edited by -Swizzy-; 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

LOL @ Cyborg turning down Rousey, Dana's making shit up. The reason why I think the fight didn't happen is because Cyborg can't make 135 and Rousey isn't willing to fight at a catch weight.

Since when are TMZ legit sources for UFC?

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              what about Marloes Coenen?
              That's a good shout actually, I wouldn't mind see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                LOL @ Cyborg turning down Rousey, Dana's making shit up. The reason why I think the fight didn't happen is because Cyborg can't make 135 and Rousey isn't willing to fight at a catch weight.

Since when are TMZ legit sources for UFC?

That's a good shout actually, I wouldn't mind see that fight.
                Cyborg can make 135. She's a 5'7 FEMALE. There are taller men in the men's 135 division. Hell, Miguell Torres is 5'10 and he can make that weight.

There is no way that a male with more testosterone and the same height can make that weight, and she can't. If she really can't make that weight that only means that she is on roids(which she is) and that is too bad for her.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                  Cyborg can make 135. She's a 5'7 FEMALE. There are taller men in the men's 135 division. Hell, Miguell Torres is 5'10 and he can make that weight.

There is no way that a male with more testosterone and the same height can make that weight, and she can't. If she really can't make that weight that only means that she is on roids(which she is) and that is too bad for her.
                  Body types are different. Montell Griffin is 5'7 and boxed his entire career at light heavyweight and cruiserweight. Kelvin Davis is 5'7 and was a career cruiserweight who moved up to heavyweight.

Not saying that Cyborg is comparable to them, but one's height isn't the be-all-end-all. I would say she is more built up than Torres though.

And we already know that Cyborg is on roids.

Comment

Cyborg just said 2 days ago she can make 135lbs. Dana White's exact quote on the situation was "Tito Ortiz is her manager, he told her not to take the fight."

Comment

Working...
                    X