No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    Remember, RJJ had just beat Tito months before that...though Tito was fighting at a higher weight, and was past it. Too bad Roy looked so good in that fight...he actually gave the public some hope. That's what made Joe's victory seem that much greater...because people thought Roy had enough left in the tank.

No...didn't I just say that the dude was almost 40? Not everybody functions well at those ages in boxing.
    Then why do you consider Roy a good win for Joe??? Roy's win over Tito is the same thing, Tito was totally irrelevant as a top fighter when Roy beat him.

Comment

Calzaghe
      21 title defences
      Won all 4 titles @ 168
      2 Weight Lineal Champion
      Beat Prime Kessler

Froch
      3 title defences
      Won 2 titles @ 168
      Never Lineal Champion
      Lost to Lesser Kessler

no brainer here, people who vote for Froch have an agenda against Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
        You're annoying af with this anti-american bias. No one's even brought that mess up in this thread and you're ruining a thread where we're having a decent discussion.
        don't try to get high and mighty

it's impossible to have a "decent discussion" about Calzaghe with Americans

They HATE him

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Age is just a number.

Hopkins was still very good when he was in with Joe, not shot like Ali when Berbick fought him.

Let's not forget B-Hop schooled the then-highly-regarded Kelly Pavlik afterwards, and later defeated Jean Pascal, one of Froch's best wins.
          I agree with this. Hopkins was still a good win cause he still remained relevant after fighting Joe where Roy didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            Remember, RJJ had just beat Tito months before that...though Tito was fighting at a higher weight, and was past it. Too bad Roy looked so good in that fight...he actually gave the public some hope. That's what made Joe's victory seem that much greater...because people thought Roy had enough left in the tank.
            Yeah, Tito coming off a 3 year lay off and hadn't won a fight in longer than that.

No one thought Roy Jones had anything left in the tank at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

They HATE him
              We're having one so far, Sir Greentooth.

Comment

Age is just a number.

Hopkins was still very good when he was in with Joe, not shot like Ali when Berbick fought him.

Let's not forget B-Hop schooled the then-highly-regarded Kelly Pavlik afterwards, and later defeated Jean Pascal, one of Froch's best wins.
                I didn't say anything about Bernard Hopkins.

My post was referring to Roy Jones Jr and I only mentioned age in response to that poster who brought up the age of Trevor Berbick.

You can't

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

They HATE him
                  Yep, absolutely despise him and it's funny the things they say and do to cover up the fact he was an excellent fighter.

Comment

Age is just a number.

I didn't say anything about Bernard Hopkins.

My post was referring to Roy Jones Jr and I only mentioned age in response to that poster who brought up the age of Trevor Berbick.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Calzaghe
                      21 title defences
                      Won all 4 titles @ 168
                      2 Weight Lineal Champion
                      Beat Prime Kessler

Froch
                      3 title defences
                      Won 2 titles @ 168
                      Never Lineal Champion
                      Lost to Lesser Kessler

no brainer here, people who vote for Froch have an agenda against Calzaghe
                      That's one way of putting it. Now name the fighters they beat and what stage of their careers they beat them in.

Comment

Working...
                      X