Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Sept. 15 Options: Lara, Trout and Bundrage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it should b Lara , he's #1...the other 2 reagrdless if they are "champs", wouldn't give up much competition, especially Trout, who has no punch & I can't c him keeping Saul off him for 12 rnds...besides is this a unification bout??if yes, will Alvarez fight WBA/IBF contenders???

Comment

I think Carlos Molina would give Canelo fits.
      You know right now it is going to be somebody moving up from Welter or Delvin Rodriguez if he wins.
      Very doubtful he fights Trout if he wins this weekend. He's just got too much pop for Canelo's handlers to throw him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Who are they kidding?

It will be K-9 or Quintana lol

Or the loser between Trout-Rodriguez.
        It won't be the loser...Come on now...

K9 will be interesting...Unification fight so is Trout...But, I think Trout is too much of a risk...I can't see them going that route if he beats Rodriguez. I don't think Canelo beats him TBH. And, will K9 be ready? I would be shocked if it's Lara.

Comment

I know Schaefer is pissed! The last thing on the planet he wants to do is make a fight with Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post

K9 will be interesting...Unification fight so is Trout...But, I think Trout is too much of a risk...I can't see them going that route if he beats Rodriguez. I don't think Canelo beats him TBH. And, will K9 be ready? I would be shocked if it's Lara.
            Crazy shocked.

I was expecting Quintana

Very surprised he hasn't been mentioned by GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post

Given what I've seen, I won't be shocked if it is the loser. And guess what? I'll hear from NSB why it makes business sense.

Lastly, K-9 should be out of the equation. Joel Julio proved why years ago. Him beating Spinks makes him a paper champ if you ask me. I don't want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Given what I've seen, I won't be shocked if it is the loser. And guess what? I'll hear from NSB why it makes business sense.

Lastly, K-9 should be out of the equation. Joel Julio proved why years ago. Him beating Spinks makes him a paper champ if you ask me. I don't want to see it.
                He's still a title holder and has made improvements with Steward in beating Spinks and Powell.

A unification is always a good thing IMO.

Comment

I'd like Lara but Trout or Bundrage would bring a unification. All three would be interesting and a definite step up from Canelo's previous weak opposition. It's weird how all these unfortunate events are pushing Canelo into fighting a real opponent. The boxing gods have spoken!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Three of the 5 names that have been mentioned are all top 10 JMW's. That's what matters to me, that Canelo faces a top 10 fighter. Obviously Lara is the best fighter of the 5 that have been mentioned, followed by Williams. After that, i'd say Kirkland, then Trout, and lastly Bundrage. Delvin Rodriguez is the dark horse here. Any of those 6 fighters would be great IMO. As long as it's not Quintana, I can't see how Canelo would be criticized.
                    Is funny you did not mention Molina in there, he beat Lara Kirkland Chaves Junior...twice and got screwed up in all those fights.

Love him or hate him he beat all those guys and in my opinion he deserves that oportunity more than any of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      if Canelo chooses Lara he will lose...
                      so you can eliminate him then

Comment

Working...
                      X